BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone familiar with Morehead city, NC fishing. It is south of the outerbanks and I will be going down for vacation in a few weeks and figure I can try my luck. The water is warm (compared to NJ) and hopefully someone can offer a little insight.

thanks

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
osprey222 said:
Is anyone familiar with Morehead city, NC fishing. It is south of the outerbanks and I will be going down for vacation in a few weeks and figure I can try my luck. The water is warm (compared to NJ) and hopefully someone can offer a little insight.

thanks
ARE YOU FISHING A PRIVATE BOAT--CHARTER--OR YOUR OWN??

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
The fishing down there is top notch this time of year. Right now it should be swarming with yellowfin, but, the catches have been sporatic at best. The weather this spring has been terrible down there, the wind has been strong and steady. If you are planning to head offshore, you will be lucky to get out one or two days out of seven due to the wind. The bottom fishing offshore is drop and reel once you run out to the edge or at least 160+ feet. Get a good chart and shop some of the live bottom areas just south of Big Rock, and you should have no problem loading up on seabass , triggers, grunts, grouper, snapper, and you should keep an eye out for cobia as we saw no less than 10 of them about 3 weeks ago. King macks are thick but usually less than 10 lbs. If the weather keeps you inshore, there are loads of reds and specks around. Good Luck. John.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
osprey222 said:

thanks
We are going to be running quite a few make up charters give us a call you will not be disappointed. Over 15 years experience running to and fishing the Big Rock and surrounding areas. The action is really starting to heat up!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts