BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out with my dad and younger brother. It was his birthday today as well. Got some fresh bait from a friend and headed north. Ended up with 4 upto 41". The last fish was a fat female that was let go to do what she came there to do. Other three were spawned out. Younger brother caught the biggest fish he ever had at 38". Partner boat also ended up with 4. Get them while you can guys. About 28-30ft of water and water temp was about 58-59*. Catch em up

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I was way up with fishing pal Livetofish and Chazz R. We had one short run off and a few light taps. Were in 22' of water. Boat about 50 yards off got two nice fish.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was way up with fishing pal Livetofish and Chazz R. We had one short run off and a few light taps. Were in 22' of water. Boat about 50 yards off got two nice fish.
It was just our day. We headed for the barn at 2:30. It seems to be hit or miss up there. My partner boat only had 1 the. Got three within the last hour of the outgoing.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Good job Capt. Way to let the female go too. Good karma.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I fished Ship John for a few hours without seeing a thing in or near my boat. Moved up to about 1.5 miles below the Salem plant off a small fleet and got 2 catfish. Beautiful weather and calm seas. Is it too much to ask to get my 71 year old mom on a striper on Mother's Day?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good job Capt. Way to let the female go too. Good karma.
Thanks capt. I made sure I revived her for a few minutes. And she thanked me by splashing me with her tail. I dunno if that was a thank you or a screw you sucker. Haha. But yes soon as we saw she was loaded. It was no question we took a photo and let her go.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I fished Ship John for a few hours without seeing a thing in or near my boat. Moved up to about 1.5 miles below the Salem plant off a small fleet and got 2 catfish. Beautiful weather and calm seas. Is it too much to ask to get my 71 year old mom on a striper on Mother's Day?
We had several skunked trips capt. With no bites at all. Their were days we would pray for a catfish bite. Catching is just a plus. Get her back out there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.