BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recomend someone in the Wildwood/Cape May area that can give my 87 30hp evenrude a good tune up for spring?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Run it up to Bud's Outboards on 9th ST. in Ocean City. He's the best in the area, and extremely fair with his pricing and service.

·
Registered
342 Posts
tune up motor

If your mechanicly capable at all do it your self. Buy a mech. repair manual on evenrude eng.for your year usualy a five year span maybe six and just read what to do. your eng. is a toy compared to the newer engines usualy the timing is set and replacing some parts is mostly all they need . trust me you'll be glad to get the practice it will save you a lot of money now and later as you learn more .a good mech. is a great thing to have when you need him but not all mech. are trust worthy and knowing alittle your self is a very very good thing to know.Especialy if you have trouble when your out with your family and brake down it may just be a louse cable conection (a lot of times it is)best of luck and try it your self just to learn a little mor about yuor boat.:)that can be fun to.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I second the recommendation of Barnacle Bills - it's actually on 47 in Delmont I think. Been Evenrude/Johnson dealers for long time - know the engines well and have info and parts for older units.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts