BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
When I had an Ambush I used a Great White saltwater model....had replacable zinc diode for protection. I believe that it was a 28" shaft and pushed the yak like a knife through the water. I also had one of those "spiral" deep cycle batteries which charged much faster than your standard lead-plate deep cycle and held a usable charge about 50% longer. I believe that the brand was an Optima and it fit real well in the battery box.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Originally posted by Joey Dirtt:
I have ordered a Ambush by Ocean Kayak.Was wanting to know what type motors are best for this kayak.Will a Minn Kota Endura 30 30inch shaft fit it?
Your motor will work just fine! Do some searches to see how to rig it up...kayakfishingstuffcom

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I have a 43# Motor Guide Saltwater on my Ambush. I would recommend this at least around the back bays and bridges if you want to get anywhere against a hard running tide. The Ambush is very stable. That stablity means more drag in the water and it's a bear to paddle against a hard current.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.