BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught this movie on sundance, GOTHAM FISH TALES.

The movie will be appreciated by all fisherman, especially striped bass fishermen. Basically, the movie is a documentary about saltwater fishing in and around NY City inner harbors. Lots of hot topics are investigated in the movie including bass size limits and pollution effects on those that consume the fish. Blue fish, stipers, flounder, weakfish, and tog all featured.

Definitely worth watching. Currently showing on sundance channel.

Good day :D

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sundance east or sundance west is available on digital cable only I think.

Sundace plays really strange indy movies that are way out there. But sometimes, they play good documentary movies like gotham fish tales.

3 out of 4 stars!!

·
Registered
25,494 Posts
Joe,

I watched it 2x. I thought is was amazing. Good production, some interesting characters and continued amazement at the diversity of saltwater wildlife in the shadows of NYC. It is comparable to putting a major city on Cape May Point.

Excellent show - I give it 2 striper thumbs up !! ;)

www.gothamfishtales.com

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mako,

Yes, I was totally amazed at how such an ecosystem could survive in the shadow of such a huge city. Definitely some interesting characters like the guy that used his mom's bath tub to keep his striper on ice:)

Everyone on the barn can relate in one way or another to the people and events in this movie.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
There is a really good article in SWS this month on fishing Jamaica Bay... sight fishing stripers on the flats there while the jets from JFK roar over your head and spook them.. gee, sounds like fun?? It is a healthy fishery though, and for the guys that live there, a major target rich environment... I don't think I will be planning any overnights up there personally...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts