BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heads up. Longport this morning, saw 3 small schools of mullet swim by heading out. Looked like some small blues were on them. It's begun.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was down there yesterday morning. I got pounded on the jetty. Saw Nothin. This morning, while working near by, saw some. Not alot, but some.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Sometimes they seem to get a false start ;) . Have seen them move back into the bays dependent on sea/wind conditions. At times, goes on for weeks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
They are even in the NC surf now. This is the real thing. Maybe a *little* early, but it usually takes a hard NE blow in late August or early September to kick things off. With fair conditions, the run might "stall" momentarily, with another big push on the next front.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
It looks like there are a lot of mullet this year. These fish are just hanging out feeding from the ocean to the fresh water line. I've been getting them from fingers to a lot of big mediums and a few really nice corncobs. I figure the big move will be at the full moon at the end of the month but as we are trying to reason with Hurricane Season anything can happen any day so I'm going to make sure I have plenty in the tanks for when the run has headed south.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I guess I should have mentioned that I am fully stocked with cast nets, areators and livewells and welcome you to take advantage of the Striper Season Kick Off Sale, Starting Friday 9/10 thru Sunday 9/19. All tackle in the store is 25% off regular prices. Striper Season Kick Off Sale

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
Originally posted by clamchucker:
Sometimes they seem to get a false start ;) . Have seen them move back into the bays dependent on sea/wind conditions. At times, goes on for weeks.
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT SHAUN - LAST YEAR THEY DID THE IN-OUT, IN-OUT. I JUST HOPE THIS FALL IS HALF AS GOOD AS THE SPRING WAS.

TONIGHT I AM GONNA TIE UP SOME MULLET FLYS AND GET MY BUTT READY.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts