BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the back waters at dusk last night and found large schools of mullet...isn't it a bit early? Anybody else see or hear of any mullet around?

Typical Report for the Week: Non-stop blues with a bass every now and then...haven't seen a tiderunner caught in a while.

[ 06-16-2005, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: Casting disaster ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Interesting,,,
It does seem to be very early,I ususlly do not see them in the backbays until later in the summer..

We have been spotting some huge spearing and also the other night I came across a school of baby needlenoses...In fact there was a very large one also in there about 3' long...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Steve, I know it is pretty early...my buddy and I both saw them and we figured that this is the earliest, by far, that we have ever seen them. I mentioned it Rockdoc a little bit ago and he said he has caught them in the cast net about this time of year.
I was just interested to find out if others have seen them as well, or if I just witnessed an isolated incident...either way its great to see all the bait that has been around in the back for the last couple weeks.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I found some nice grass beds the other day, and saw a lot of killies and spearing swimming around in there. I also saw what I thought was a school of mullet, but thought it was too early for them. I think they were mullet though, cuz I saw a dead one a little later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.