BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new at the "muzzleloader" gig, I need some pointers/help finding a place to buy a good one. Any help is appreciated!!!

Streetman

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Streetman,
Tony's Gun rack in Vineland is Primo. Shoot me an email and I can give you more info.

This guy is a small outfit, but has great prices and knows his sh*t

As for the weapon of choice, If you are not looking for nostalgia (ie. flint lock or hammer lock guns) mine would have to be the Thompson Center Encore. The gun is an inline muzzleloader that uses Shotgun primers and black powder pellets. You can also buy different barrels for the gun.

http://www.tcarms.com/product.php

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
cabela's is the cheapest. other then that a local store. they are rather cheap no matter where you get one

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Cabela's does have good prices.

I believe you could go to a cabela's store(out of state) and purchase a long arm, but I don't know about shipping the product into NJ.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the GREAT help!!! I really appreciate it. I like the Center Line Thompson...now to find a good dealer...THANKS AGAIN!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Streetman I also blackpowedr hunt I use a rem.54cal. great gun and knight in 50 cal.also a great gun.Both are inlines killed alot of deer with both.If I were to buy a new one now I would consider the Thomson Encore or the Omega.Try Sportsmen outpost on RT.130 and Harry's Army/Navy not far up the street also on Rt.130 both have large seclections.Great hunting to ya.let me know what your choice was.Also try the cva power belt bullets.
LouA

·
Registered
616 Posts
check out bassproshops.com, their prices can't be beat. I bought an in-line CVA for about $129 last year as a starter gun. They won't ship to NJ, so have it shipped to a friend in PA, and transfer the paperwork over.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought my Tompson Omega from Cabelas, good price. Shooting 50 cal, 245 gr powerbelts, 150 gr pyrodex pellets, @ 100 yds, it will put 6 shots in a 4 in circle. Just wacked a doe this Saturday @ approx 75 yds. Looked like a bowling ball went through the shoulders. Didn't even twitch. Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts