BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a buddy and headed up the Egg harbor river for some pluggin. Didn't expext much. Thru the waders on and waded a flat way up the river. Water temp was 43. 3rd cast I got nailed, but lost it after a short fight. DAM! About 10 cast later another hook up!! After a sweet fight fight I lipped it. NICE!! First on of the year is soooo sweet. A quick tape job showed 27 1/2" DAM!!! remeasure. still 27 1/2" oh well. Didn't last much longer as my toes went numb. I was using a yozuri mag minnow-gold. I was fishing shallow. Maybe 3-4' of water and was actually hitting bottom on retrieves and kicking up some mud. Both hits came on slow jerky retrieves. I'm goin back for outgoing as I think it will warm up a wee bit more.

[ 03-06-2006, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: eelball ]

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
that maggie the minnow, just love her, always gets me bass every year, those linesiders just can't resist that wiggle

nice report

·
Registered
278 Posts
Wow...No way..Your lying...There can't be any bass around yet:)...LMAO...I here ya buddy and as always great to see your reports...Now can i follow you around for a couple weeks:)...lol...Can't wait...Talk to you soon...Pazman

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Eelball,
Nice report. Mag-minnow is one my favorites. I bought 20 of them about 3 years ago when one our local tackle shops closed for good. I only paid about $5 a piece. Anyway nice catch.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hay eelball I heard you were fishing in Bauers Pond not the egg harbor ,that doesnt count unless you want it to,(jk) good job cant wait they will be thick soon!

[ 03-06-2006, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: sailsmanship ]

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Nice to hear eelball. Good Luck Fishenough - let me know how you do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts