BASS BARN banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came back from the sommerset show, I was happy to have met KSONG, great guy, but! he didnt give me any fishing tips! Does anybody go fishing more than him ?, he should start a fishing news letter. Paul from JPR had some killer Butterfly type jigs, $13 bracket, where the prices belong, and of course some first class custom rods. I spent most of my time talking to Joe La Rosa, Canyon Runner, It seemed every conversation was "Do you remember this, or that?" We may have been the only two guys in the place that used A Lorans. I left there thinking, How old are we? Thanks all that stopped by and said hello, Kevin Bogan.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,126 Posts
I wish i could get my hands on one.. got a lot of numbers from years back when i was little that i dont feel like converting. lol hahahaha

Didnt get to make it to say hi kevin but i will stop by soon enough i am sure

My buddy Ed Sage gets all his stuff from you as i am sure you know..

Sure he will drop by with something else for ya to do this yea.r hehe :D :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vinnie, your right Ed cant get enough of fishing.
I saved an old Nelco type A that we had on our boats prior to C loran, and I actually used one for about a year, I was running the Jamaice at the time, and we used it as backup, we had two c's going all the time, but it was a fun machine to play with, you actually had to program it as you went along. My cousin Howard sr. was very good with it, but at a few hundred feet of accuracy it just got you close. kevin Bogan
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,126 Posts
He is nuts!

I got to come see you about getting some of those lures for him as a present this year.. you in the shop today i would like to get some for him!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive been here all day, I have to leave btween 3-4;30. His rods are red and black, I have The same color in Green Machine style lures. He's a landscaper, looks at grass and dirt all day, and wants to go fishing, I look at the water everyday, and want to go home and work on the yard. What's wrong here?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,126 Posts
i guess from what i see with him since he is one of my really close and good friends that his landscaping business is very large.. he makes a very good living doing it but is just a plain guy in jeans and a t shirt and has a great sense for business and everything he touches turns into gold! he is very successful but loves his fishing!


yeah they are all red and black..

Can i get like 10 of them to say Happy Hooker ?!?!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Loran A

Boy, we thought we were in high cotton when we got the boat and it had a Loran A unit. Kind of fun to match up the sine waves, get the fix, go to the plexiglass covered chart and make a grease pencil mark. then do it again for the cross fix. Only problem was that we were a mile away by the time the position was found. But it was a heck of a lot better than a compass and stopwatch. Then came the loran c which only spit out numbers but instantly and continuously. Then the chart plotter, then GPS,WAAS, integration with weather,sats, etc. Where does it end, or does it? Maybe just send the boat out alone with some remote controlled robots. I would lose much less sleep.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,126 Posts
that is coming gold! soon enough we will do everything! boats will be running themselves comarative to the seas and wind! it is going to get crazy! lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,254 Posts
Fish Poison said:
Came back from the sommerset show, I was happy to have met KSONG, great guy, but! he didnt give me any fishing tips! Does anybody go fishing more than him ?, he should start a fishing news letter. Paul from JPR had some killer Butterfly type jigs, $13 bracket, where the prices belong, and of course some first class custom rods. I spent most of my time talking to Joe La Rosa, Canyon Runner, It seemed every conversation was "Do you remember this, or that?" We may have been the only two guys in the place that used A Lorans. I left there thinking, How old are we? Thanks all that stopped by and said hello, Kevin Bogan.
Kevin..it was nice seeing you at the show, we had kil at our booth for about a hour and a half talking JIGGING and Popping. he even brought some "hardcore" jigging rods. the new line of OTI JIGS/ LINE/ poppers are killer. i will be in touch soon to get some in your store.they are selling from 9$ to about 13 with a OWNER hook included. i am looking for tackle dealers on the east coast that want a new line of killer Jigs/line/poppers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Count me in, The jigs looked great, I think they will be widely accepted, good to see the hooks installed, not everyone knows rigging, it takes the guess work out for those that dont, Good luck!! Kevin Bogan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,863 Posts
paul708 said:
Kevin..it was nice seeing you at the show, we had kil at our booth for about a hour and a half talking JIGGING and Popping. he even brought some "hardcore" jigging rods. the new line of OTI JIGS/ LINE/ poppers are killer. i will be in touch soon to get some in your store.they are selling from 9$ to about 13 with a OWNER hook included. i am looking for tackle dealers on the east coast that want a new line of killer Jigs/line/poppers

Paul, This is Kevin from the rodbuilding class. I plan on attending the tri-state club meeting on thursday, any chance you can bring a few of these jigs you speak of, if you are going to be there?

K
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,254 Posts
KHP said:
Paul, This is Kevin from the rodbuilding class. I plan on attending the tri-state club meeting on thursday, any chance you can bring a few of these jigs you speak of, if you are going to be there?

K
yes i will be there..should have some jigs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,254 Posts
philjam said:
KSONG hosts a thread called "Jigging & Popping at noreast.com
i sorta have a jigging forum also:D:p ..here is kil at our booth saturday..he brought some rods, and here is pulling on the JIGGING MASTER 350..we had a lot of great jigging info sharing. he even left a new OTI blank for me to build;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,126 Posts
Hey PAUL,

HOW ABOT PUTTING UP PICS OF MY ROD BEING BUILT!?!? lol
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top