BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my boys for their first striper trip last Friday on the Delaware River and they did great. They caught their first stripers and were happy to have some action on schoolies and plenty of catfish:)

Made a move late in the day at top of the tide to an area where we have had some luck in the past and within 5 minutes had our first nice fish on, the boys were fighting the fish saying their backs hurt and they couldnt reel it in anymore:D, without a strong tide they were able to get the fish to the side of the boat and there reaction was priceless when they saw the profile of the fish and came up and made a big splash and got them wet... We took a quick picture and worked the fish in the current and swam away with power

Had a smooth ride back to the dock and smiles all around the boat for a trip I will always remember:thumbsup:

Thanks Mike for all your help, we had a great day on the water....

·
Registered
25,683 Posts
Great pics and report.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, appreciate all the replies.:)

No Pockets - it was great having Uncle Mike on board for the first trip of the year. I think the boys are finally hooked on fishing and boating, couldn't have done it by myself so thanks for spending the day with us:thumbsup: You're right Mike, dad used to take all 5 of u without blinking an eye, now it's our turn to keep the tradition...

Rocco - I was thinking of you when I was telling the kids how to read the electronics and to follow the arrow:D:D

Was a great first trip and hopefully many more to come in the future:cool:

·
Registered
68 Posts
That is a great day out! I can tell by their faces that they will be hooked for life and will always remember That fishing trip with their Dad. Hopefully you guys will go out more often together and grow up with fond memories and future fishing expeditions as a family. Good Luck and believe me those memories will last a lifetime!!!!

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Looks like a great day John!

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is a great day out! I can tell by their faces that they will be hooked for life and will always remember That fishing trip with their Dad. Hopefully you guys will go out more often together and grow up with fond memories and future fishing expeditions as a family. Good Luck and believe me those memories will last a lifetime!!!!
Thanks Scotty, much appreciated and my dad always told me, if you get your boys interested in fishing I'll have fishing partners for life:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks papa ear, keeping the tradition as my dad started taking me and my two brothers when we were young. once it's in your blood you're hooked :)

good luck tomorrow Parkerboys, make sure you remember a camera and a lot of snacks in case the bite is slow, you will have a great day with your son:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts