BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Just purchased my first yak ever today, one for myself and one for the mrs.. We got the Old Town Vapor 10's. I do plan to fish out of mine once I'm comfortable in it.

One question though, in PA do I need a sticker for my yak on Marsh Creek? or where can I find out about this info?

Someone once told me that certain boats, need stickers to access certain lakes.

Any insight is always appreciated.

Cheers
BassMon

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
I know you need the sticker if you use a fish and boat commision ramp to launch from aywhere in PA. Im not sure if you need it on fish commision lakes. To make sure I would suggest you call the PA fish commision.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Welcome to yakker's world. I take my yak out a few times per summer on Marsh Creek as well as the back bays at night to fish the bridges. It's alot of fun. I got this from the Marsh Creek website:

Motorboats must display a boat registration from any state. Non-powered boats must display one of the following: boat registration from any state; launching permit or mooring permit from Pennsylvania State Parks that are available at most state park offices; launch use permit from the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
BassMon - welcome to yakking from a fellow West Chester resident!

Yes you do indeed need a state park launching permit to launch at Marsh Creek State park. This permit will allow you to launch in any of the PA state park waters. You can purchase the permit right at the Marsh Creek State Park office. Cost for a one year permit is $10, or $18 for two years.

I am more of a saltwater guy, but do get out on the creek every now and then. Maybe I'll see you out there some time!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bassmon, welcome to yak fishing!:wave: It's great to see so many people from west chester. If you can't get to marsh creek during normal business hours, you can pick up a launch permit at wiggins on rt. 3(near goshen firehouse). Marsh creek has some grest fishing for such an easy drive. Good luck!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the words and advice, I do appreciate it. I'll see you on the water!!

Cheers
BassMon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts