BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL sorry had to.

Anyway I have an older early 70s johnson, which runs fine, but since it doesnt have the pi$$er on it, how can you tell if the waterpump should be changed or even if it is overheating?

·
Registered
518 Posts
LMAO, funny title. I'm not sure but as far back as I can remember they all have a water discharge. What year is it? Or post the model number and I'll look it up for you.
Dennis

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i will have to check on model.

But I believe 73 65 horse johnson.
I can definitely say that you can not see see any lil pisser tube or anything up top.

and yowzer after reading thru some of the other posts regarding oils i can definitely say i am using the old stuff too :)

She runs great, only problem she ever gives me is starting up easily after warming up.
You can get it started but usually have to give it extra gas or play with the choke.
but i was just used to my 50 yammy then when it was warmed up you just turned the key and it started.

I aint complaing as she serves me well :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Maybe Barnicle Bills with help you out with your question. If you go to their web site they have a parts look up section with schematics. That will show you whats inside of your motor. I'm guessing if it doesn't have a pisser than it probably discharges in the exhaust.
Dennis

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
The old Johnson and Evinrudes did not have a tell tail. Your water pump should be changed every 3 years. If you need any help or need the parts we can help you out. Feel free to give us a call.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts