BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading down with a group of friends to Myrtle Beach from May 17 to 22. Does anyone have any experience fishing there off the beach or freshwater fishing. Any info would be appreciated of what is caught there and so on.
Thanks.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
I am heading down with a group of friends to Myrtle Beach from May 17 to 22. Does anyone have any experience fishing there off the beach or freshwater fishing. Any info would be appreciated of what is caught there and so on.
Thanks.

I stayed at the Plantation Condos last summer. I was told the fishing was no good...... and we ended up hitting the Bass Pro Shops and I had to pay retail for a few rods, reels and tackle!!!! Turns out we proved the guys wrong and my son spent 7 days catching sharks, red fish, summer flounder and such.

Where the Plantation place is located, there is a tidal type inlet, where the water comes in and the fish are with it.

We used jig heads with Gulp and we also caught some fresh, live mullet too.

My suggestion is bring a cast net for fresh bait. Some jig heads, Gulp, and if you want to try the shark thing.... you can do that too. Plenty of sharks along the beaches.

Email me if you have any other questions or anything I can help with. No matter what.... you will catch fish there.... especially if you can find those little tidal pools.

·
Registered
15,282 Posts
Pawayne - Wayne Vetter lives in Georgetown SC now he might be able to help you out - drop him a line.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Twisted Sister marina go on the gulf stream trip oh make sure you get the electric reels think its an extra $20 you will load up !!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts