BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Myrtle Beach to visit friends. Can anyone give any input on the fishing and what type of tackle I should take with me?

[ 03-01-2006, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: CAPTKIRK ]

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
My sister just built a place in North Myrtle Beach so I have been asking the same thing. So far my understanding is there are no inlets around MB so you have to drive about an 1/2 hour north to find real fishing. I personaly would drive up to Wrightsville Beach N.C. because I know it's a good spot. Obviously surf fishing would not be a problem. Hope to hear some good info from the replies.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
we go out of little river when we stay there its not to far north,, nice area,,wreck fishing and trolling..spadefish,cobia, barracuda.macks..good variety

·
Registered
158 Posts
Captkirk,

i fished the surf hard in MB a few years ago. It wasn't great, but it could have been the time of year. I fished in May and heard bout the great bluefish bite...which was true but a 2-pounder was "big" to those fishermen. It was a ton of little runts. Go fish south of MB at Merrills Inlet. Better fishing down there, but the surf in the heart of MB is kinda bland...no real bars, jetties etc. It's also very shallow.

[ 03-01-2006, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJoeC ]

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
merrills inlet is nice, fished for seabass out of there, depending on where you are staying..."myrtle beach" is Long..

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Offshore: grouper and bottom fish good at the towers now. Yellowfin now, dophin and wahoo in April and May
Inshore: red drum, flounder will pick up in earnest in May, but sometimes the drum hit very well in April. These fish and specks will travel up the rivers and congregate around structure - docks, rocks, oysters

1 - 6 of 6 Posts