BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY!!! fished the last two hours of the incoming with no results. decided to move for the outgoing. boy was i glad i did. about a half hour into the tide all hell broke loose. both rods go, im by myself so i hook up on the one and turn the bait runner of on the other. stinks fishing by yourself. managed to get both to the boat and in the net. first fish was a fat 29" the second was a decent 26". since i figured i had them close to boat went to the one rod and for the next 45 minutes it was non stop action. ended the day with 9 fish going between 22"-32". Finally the backwater has awoken. the two fish i kept had spearing in them i think. very fresh not even digested. water was between 50 at the top of tide and 54 near the bottom of the tide.

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Awesome job brother! Thanks for steaking it out back there! Now I have another opition if I have to! Again, Great job! ;)

[ 04-22-2004, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: striper2278 ]

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Bester- great news.
Thanks for the info.
Hoping to try the back waters myself.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Originally posted by betster2:
thanks capt. congrats on another great day in the bay.
WAY TWO GO NOW ME AND MY BELLIES WILL HAVE CONFIDENCE.WERE YOU IN THE SAME PLACE OR DID YOU GO FURTHER IN THE BACK? GOT TO GET THERE BEFORE TOM AND THE ANIMAL.THIS IS THE BEST NEWS IN QUITE AWHILE.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
biggest jack i was up the back. tried a creek first no luck. came out of creek and went left. 30 feet of water.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
THREE BOATS AT THE ICW JUST PAST SHAWCREST FIRST BOAT IS JEFF THE PROFESSOR WHO WAS 150 YARDS IN FRONT OF ME WHILE I TROLLED TO THE spot HE HAD ONE BEFORE I GOT THERE. HIS ONLY FISH HE THEN LOST ONE AT THE BOAT ANOTHER BOAT RIGHT THERE GOT ONE AND WE RELEASED A 23" THEN THAT WAS IT. THOUGHT TODAY WAS THE DAY. ALL WITH THE FRESHEST BELLIES YOU COULD HAVE,WHICH WE GOT FROM FRED AND WHICH THE STAIN CAUGHT A LOT OF FISH IN THE BAY.
RED CHEROKEE WAS WITH ME TODAY AND HE CAUGHT OUR ONLY BITE.WE HAD A NICE TIME OUT THERE AND WE WILL DO IT AGAIN SOON.

[ 04-25-2004, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: BIGGESTJACK ]

·
Banned
13,499 Posts
Good time Jack, as always. I really thought we were gonna get hot when I saw Jeff with the net and then waving at us. Don't forget to get a new anchor and chain when you get back from Florida. :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Rats...

Bad weekend for the in-laws to show up on me...!!!
:(

WAY TO GO GUYS!!!
:D

I'm glad I'm coming down this weekend!!!
:D

Muddy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts