BASS BARN banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the past few days with absolutely no keepers and only one throwback flounder. Plenty of bluefish. The bite was certainly better back on the opening of the season. I have fished both tides. Most of the flounder are dirty on the white side indicating the are really in the mud. I have a hard time believing the water temps are to low. Just my opinion. Also no weakfish yet. I did catch a shark this morning and this thing looked like an alien. Sores everywhere, leeches i think inside the sores. Felt bad for the poor guy. Not giving up hope got to keep plugging away, after all its fishing. Good luck to all, espcially with memorial day weekend looming, be safe. Going to watch the FLYERS force a game seven, hopefully they will play 3 periods tonight,not one and a half.

·
Registered
52,619 Posts
WE FLIPPED LAST NIGHT AT THE DOCK I LOST SO I HAVE TO TAKE BADFINGER FISHING BEHIND WW.IF HE THINKS THINKS HE CAN CATCH FLOUNDER ON MY 21CC PETER PAN IS A WEIGHT LIFTER.THE FREIKING BOAT IS ALLERGIC TO THEM.EVEN HIP DON'T WANT HIM. REPORT TO FOLLOW.SKIP AND JEFF DON'T WANT HIM.CHUNKING THINKS ITS AN AILMENT.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Originally posted by betster2:
Going to watch the FLYERS force a game seven, hopefully they will play 3 periods tonight,not one and a half.
They played more than 3. Awesome!!!
I'll be in the back behind WW and WWC Friday.

[ 05-21-2004, 05:40 AM: Message edited by: High Wire ]

·
Registered
52,619 Posts
DRIFTED NEXT TO ARCHIE OF THE HIGH WIRE AND TALKED AS WE WENT.ME BADFINGER AND THE MRS FINGER CAUGHT 3 KEEPERS AND 2BLUES NEXT TO SCHOONER BUT WE ALSO HAD SOME OTHER BITES AND CONSIDERING WE HAD A SLOW DRIFT I THINK ITS ABOUT TO HAPPEN.THE BIG REASON IS 67.8 DEGREE WATER AT SHAWCREST AT THE TOP OF THE TIDE AAND ABOUT E MILES DOWN THE ICW TOWARDS CAPE MAY WE HAD 56.8.THERE WAS BAIT AROUND AND SAW A COUPLE STRIPERS FLIPPING NEXT TO THE SODBANK.FRED IS MAD CAUSE HE CAN'T BURN THE BOAT CAUSE WE CAUGHT.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Nice job Biggest and Mr & Mrs Finger! Scott can you top your mama luka fluke from last season? :confused: I am going searching for some fluke this weekend. I will give you a call if I find them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
;)

[ 05-22-2004, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: HYPERSTRIPERGUY ]

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'll be out tonight in the usual areas if anybodyy is intrested in hooking up

·
Registered
52,619 Posts
WAS AROUND THIS AM AND TILL ABOUT 2PM BEHIND WW ONLY POSITIVE DROPPED A NICE FLUKE IN 60 FT.CREEK.ONE OTHER BITE,ONE GUY GOT A 21".ANOTHER DAY I NEVER SAW A FISH CAUGHT.WAS ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE PARKWAY NOTHING DRIFTED 1 MILE BACK TOWARD THE INTERCOASTAL FROM THERE.JEFF FROM OUR DOCK HAD 2 TOG WAS AT THE RIPS WITH EELS AND ALL OVER.IS OUT AGAIN WITH BELLIES?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
fished the outgoing yesterday behind NWW with a neighbor...Turtle Creek looked like a boat show so we moved to other areas...managed three hits, no flounder, in fact we didnt even see any caught by other boats...we did manage one nice 25" striper on a bucktail and minnow...

·
Registered
52,619 Posts
MED--HAVE YOU TRIED TURTLE GUT ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BRIDGE OR DRUM CREEK?I HAVE BEEN GOING TO BUT HAVE NOY BUT WILL 0N THE FOUR DAY FISH WEEKEND.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Jack...I have fished every spot from Stone Harbor down to the West WW RR bridge...the fish are far and few between. A couple of shorts is all I can't claim for 80 gallons of gas during the last week or so (a few blues also).

The gnats made me say "Uncle" last night just before sunset...hopefully, we will begin an uptrend this week or I will take up golf.

·
Registered
746 Posts
fished today for 2 hours out going tide water was 73 degrees back near the wharf pulled up 5 flatties 4 where reallllll close but threw them back and the fifth one was a 4 pounder bait of choice was chicken strips soaked in shedder they are there just got to find them oh yea they where all caught in 3feet of water along the banks

·
Registered
93 Posts
MakeMeNuts, you're a lightweight! What gnats?!

Yesterday just about every boat that went out came in and made a mess of the filleting table. We'll have to hook you up with some of those old timers. ;)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
even the state police said "Uncle" last night...while I was working on the boat, they came running up the dock swatting and rubbing their heads. BTW, I did overhear a four striper report in the rips (from the State cops).

Momx5, the other dock lights went on when it was a bit darker.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts