BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is not to discuss how we caught the fish on poppers, but how we missed the opportunity to eat the fish.

When we went GT fishing in Fiji last November, my friends from Korea brought all kind of foods to cook a few fish for dinner. But we couldn't get any fish for dinner until last day as we caught and released all
GT. And all other fishes we caught were poisonous. On last day we finally caught an edible fish called Napoleon Wrasse. It was very beautiful fish to be kept, but we din't have any choic but to keep it as we really wanted to eat local fish at the last dinner.
However one of our group who didn't fish insisted to go out for dinner and we had to give away the fish to local people.
It turned out we missed life time opportunity.
When I visited Korea a few weeks ago, I saw in TV that the Napoleon Wrass is one of the most expensive fish in China and the huge lips are delicacy.
Don't throw away blackfish' lips when you catch them. :)

Here is the post from other site to explain why we missed our life time opportunity.

"Wealthy patrons in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Taiwan have an insatiable appetite for the flesh of the Napoleon wrasse. It is reportedly popular in these regions to advertise one's wealth by paying upward of $1,500 to dine on a single fish, or up to $400 for a set of the wrasse's lips."

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
kil?

my daughter just happend to walk by the computer when I clicked on this link and commented on how beautiful this fish was!And I agreed with her!I would almost feel bad eating this awesome fish.:)

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
deep defiance said:
my daughter just happend to walk by the computer when I clicked on this link and commented on how beautiful this fish was!And I agreed with her!I would almost feel bad eating this awesome fish.:)
Mike, all fish are beautiful. Look at seabss, blackfish, fluke, sea robbin, skate, dogfish......:)

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I guess that is true!

that all fish are beautiful in there own ways!but when one lays eyes on A fish for the first time you can say how could someone eat such A beautiful fish.Look at mahi I think they are beautiful but still eat the hell out of um!:)

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
deep defiance said:
that all fish are beautiful in there own ways!but when one lays eyes on A fish for the first time you can say how could someone eat such A beautiful fish.Look at mahi I think they are beautiful but still eat the hell out of um!:)
So you eat only ugly pig, no beautiful pig. :)

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
KSONG- as the resident jig expert, I am headed down to Puerto Aventuras, Mexico in a few weeks, and it looks like one day my group wants to do bottom fishing. I really don't know what exactly we would be targeting, I am guessing grouper and snapper and whatnot, but can you recommend an jigs to take down so I can outfish the rest of the boat:p

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
KIL! I only eat ugly pig no beautiful pig!

Not to get off the subject but are we going to do the bluefin smackdown this spring! or are you going to loose are bigger fish again!:p

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
deep defiance said:
Not to get off the subject but are we going to do the bluefin smackdown this spring! or are you going to loose are bigger fish again!:p
Bluefin are extremely beautiful fish, so I'll keep them.:)

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sir Reel said:
KSONG- as the resident jig expert, I am headed down to Puerto Aventuras, Mexico in a few weeks, and it looks like one day my group wants to do bottom fishing. I really don't know what exactly we would be targeting, I am guessing grouper and snapper and whatnot, but can you recommend an jigs to take down so I can outfish the rest of the boat:p
Whenever I go bottom fishing to unknown areas, I always bring plenty of hammered diamond jigs with different sizes.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
look at that fish!! i would want one in my fishtank!!

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
sportfishingusa said:
look at that fish!! i would want one in my fishtank!!
Good luck! I found an article online how there were smugglers trying to get them out of Malaysia or something and got thrown in jail.

Would be cool though. You would easily need 1000 gallons or more.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
i will put it in my pool! how about that.. big enough. hehehehe....

I reallty want one! catch and release it whenever i want to. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts