BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a nice ride around OC the other night. the Question I have is that if you cruise from the area north of 34th st and west of the oc waterway, is there a channel that runs from there to the parkway bridge? I came from that area and basically just aimed for the repeater tower at the toll booth until I was near the channel that runs under the bridge. That is only 'cause last time I was out that way, I followed another boat through there. I don't want to scrape bottom like I did on the 4th @ low tide. And that was in the channel on the way to gateway. Oh yeah, Hi everyone!

·
Registered
792 Posts
That area can be tricky, I run a 15' Whaler so I don't need to much water, but I have still hit back there on occasion. The way I was taught was that you have to try to hug the point as much as possible. The further out into the bay away from the point, the better chance you have of finding yourself high and dry. Good luck!

·
Registered
908 Posts
It's basically one big flat back there. I stay
in the middle, but won't try it unless the tide
is almost half way in. On the outgoing, I usually
don't push my luck much past 2 hours off high.
At mid tide it's about 3.5 to 4ft., but varies
depending on flood tide, blowout, etc...

·
Registered
106 Posts
OutcastOC above is correct. Watch for the crab pots at night. I run an 18 foot center console. ...but the good news is that the bottom is soft.

[ 07-26-2004, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: TriplePlay ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.