BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got back from a jigging trip to Wilmington NC.

The crew was Randy,Paul from [anglers-proshop] myself along with Arlen
from Wilmington.We fished with Capt Rick Croson livingwaters guide service.
One word to describe the jigging [ AWESOME ] This was one drop one fish
kick *** trip.
We jigged Snowy groupers, giant AJ'S until are arms gave out, blackfin
yellowfin tunas wahoo it was insane truely world class jigging and popping.

If you ever want to experience outstanding jigging and popping go down
to Wilmington NC and look up Capt Rick www.livingwatersguide.com
Capt Rick is first class all the way.

I had one of my best jigging trips ever.
30 AJ'S up to 80-100LB
3 Snowy groupers up to 36lb.
1 yellowfin tuna
2 blackfin tuna with several missed
1 false albert
Also missed 3 wahoo on jigs, all 3 cut my leader.


36lb Snowy on a 400g Nagamasa jig

80-90LB AJ ON A 200G Drift tune jig

Hotts Wei World in action

Arlens huge wahoo on a 270g Drift tune jig

Randy with a huge AJ

Blackfin on a Bob Arts Billy stickbait, very deadly caught a few tunas on this.

Another big AJ on a Hooker 7 jig

90-100LB AJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,225 Posts
John, congratulations for your excellent trip.
I'll go down there soon and am looking for my first 100 lbs AJ along with big groupers on jigs.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KSONG said:
John, congratulations for your excellent trip.
I'll go down there soon and am looking for my first 100 lbs AJ along with big groupers on jigs.:)
Thanks Kil,

You should not have a problem landing a 100lb AJ.

As far as grouper thay litter the bottom, you could easly catch your limit
in short order :) The fishing is that good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
paul708 said:
you had another great trip John. congrats..pics are awesome.
Thanks Paul,

If you ever get a chance, get down there and do a jigging trip
the fishing is insane.
Best part is that only a hand full of guy's are jigging, everyone
mostly troll's.
The jiggers are outfishing the trollers hands down:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
WOW!!! That looks like an awesome trip! How much drag are you fishing? Those are some great pics of the bent rods (reminds me of the ugly stick advertisement when they bend the rod in a circle). Is this type of trip seasonal or can these fish be jigged all year round? How far do they run out for them, how deep is the water your jigging? Info please.... This looks like a "must do" on my list of fishing trips! Congrats on a great trip. Looks like you guys will be sore for a while. :D After looking at the pictures again, I had to add by Edit....Those spinning set-ups look like a blast for jigging. Are they your own or are they Capt. Rick's equipment for his charters?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
NJtunastick said:
WOW!!! That looks like an awesome trip! How much drag are you fishing? Those are some great pics of the bent rods (reminds me of the ugly stick advertisement when they bend the rod in a circle). Is this type of trip seasonal or can these fish be jigged all year round? How far do they run out for them, how deep is the water your jigging? Info please.... This looks like a "must do" on my list of fishing trips! Congrats on a great trip. Looks like you guys will be sore for a while. :D After looking at the pictures again, I had to add by Edit....Those spinning set-ups look like a blast for jigging. Are they your own or are they Capt. Rick's equipment for his charters?
The trip was awesome, the aj's and groupers are caught all year the
yellowfin,blackfin,bluemarlin,sailfish, wahoo really show up starting in April.
The jigging rod thats in the picture is a Hotts Wei World coupled with a Stella 20000 ygk jigging PE line.
My freind Randy who's in one of the pictures owns Anglers-proshop
in Brooklin NY, its a jigging-popping tackle shop.
If your into jigging, you must check out his web site. He carries the best
jigging-popping gear in the world,its really cutting edge gear.

The groupers were caught in 800 ft. the Aj's were in 300ft.

Check out www.anglers-proshop.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,254 Posts
J FLORES said:
Thanks Paul,

If you ever get a chance, get down there and do a jigging trip
the fishing is insane.
Best part is that only a hand full of guy's are jigging, everyone
mostly troll's.
The jiggers are outfishing the trollers hands down:eek:
John..i hope to get down there..hopefully before the tuna season starts here
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top