BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I love this site. Members seem to be very helpful and very active. I'm planning to go out of Cape May next week, don't want to run more than say 20 miles providing weather cooperates. I'm trying to get on some Mahi and Bonita. I see that the warm water is moving in closer, looks like my time to go. Being inexperianced in this I believe I need to get out to the lumps off CM. Were can I get some GPS numbers for what may be productive areas? I'll be looking for lobster pots, grass etc. Is there a better place to go out of. The boat is trailerable. I'd really apreciate any help.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I am hoping you have a chart. Any of the fishing charts out there will have these places on them in either a list or at the spot. If you do not have the charts for the area you are going then you need to get one. To many people are relying on electronics these days. A good chart plotter is a great thing but ALWAYS carry the charts for the areas you plan to go.

John

·
Registered
465 Posts
Check out http://www.stripercam.com/ has a ton of wrecks and other locations around the Cape May areas. Captain Segull's charts have some good #'s on them. I will be down there the first week of August and plan to go out of Towsend mainly. Check out the 5 fathom bank and Sea Isle Ridge. Should have plenty of Bonita and spanish macks around. I read here that guys were catching bonita and Mahi inside of AC ridge but that may be farther then you want to run.
PS - Only thing to watch out for on Stripercam is that you use the GPS #'s and not the Loran #'s. Post or e-mail a report, would be great to know were the fish are or aren't. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GPS #'s

Thanks guys, Yes I have charts. I'll be going out this Thursday and will post a report. Who still uses Loran? Funny, when I started boating I was using a radio direction finder with a motorized rotateing antena, oh how things have changed. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts