BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur6bVw1Wsdc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCc9f6G8JXw

Filmed off NJ coast summer of 2008. We were surrounded by a dozen finbacks and thousands of porpoises on sand eels. Took video and pics for nearly an hour from the middle of it all. Didn't catch any fish but it was something we will never forget. FYI the wife added the whale sound effects and the fog horn to cover up the expletives.

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
That right there is why when the boat is untied 90% of the time is spent offshore.

great video and you go bawls...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
That is was the vicinity of Arundo wreck - we were out trying for bluefins and came across that scene. Spent more than an hour taking video and pictures - it was like something out of a national geographic special. We tried to catch a tuna but never had a bite or saw one.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Did I mention they were drawn in by a Sterling Tackle Titanium Spreader Bar? :)
I had nearly an hour of video - some good - some crappy, I was using a Hero helmet type camera so it has no view finder. Some day I will edit it all and put together 10 minutes of quality whale and porpoise footage. I have video of a ball of sand eels being chased by a dozen porpoises and then 2 whales side by side coming under the boat - really amazing to see and fortunately they didn't knock us over by accident. If there was a professional videographer on board the footage that could have been captured would have been award worthy.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Whale show

Chris, that was one of the most memorable trips ever even though we found no tuna in that frenzy. Hope we get to see that again maybe next time with the kids along. Thank god no mammals ate our live ling or jigs that day....:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.