BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a car that is reliable gets good mileage and not too expensive. I just got the price from the insurance company for my 16 year old son to drive the cars we have, it gaged me.

Well the problem we have is the cars are too new, that isn't a problem I've ever had I've always had a beater. Well the oldest vehicle we have is a chevy pick-up but its a 3/4 ton 4x4 extended cab and that isn't cheap to insure a 16 year old on.

I'm in the market what do you have out there.

Looking for something in the 90s with good miles don't mind spend a few $1000.

[ 02-27-2004, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: Mike Hammer ]

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
CastawayRay
Member # 4999

posted 02-23-2004 02:55 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Up on the block is an oldie but a goodie, a light blue four door full size Impala, the big roomy style with the cavernous trunk. She runs excellently, has new belts, hoses, water pump, universal joint, battery, the four speed overdrive transmission shifts beautifully, and that four barrel 305 runs strong and sweet, no knocks or taps, ready to run from coast to coast. The AC is cold, the heater is hot, just turn the key and go! One tires is brand new, the rest are nearly new, this is hell of a car for the money! Also included is a Aiwa 160 watt AM FM cassette player, great tunes to listen to

for those of you that downsized your ride, but need something with some muscle to haul a boat, bolt a hitch on and away you go

500 or best offer, or if you have a long shaft outboard that runs good ... hmmmmmmm ...

PS this is no rusted out scow, it spent 15 years as a carport queen driven by the quintessential little old lady, then was driven by ANOTHER little old lady who happens to be my mom ... then I spent a while in it, so there goes the little old lady thing, but its still a clean looking beast - its not mint (some creep put a crease on the passenger side) but its down low and doesnt affect the doors. Besides, its the passenger side, you dont see that side anyway, lol

Its at the Red Eagle Tavern at Rt 38 and Chapel ave, just west of the Cherry Hill Mall, stop in for a 3.75 dinner special and an ice cold beer, tell em Ray sent you, theyll take good care of you!
-----------------------------
I will keep my eyes and ears open for ya ;)

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
R & R
Member # 2576

posted 02-23-2004 05:38 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1994 green ext cab ranger
4cyl.manual 146,000miles
everything works(air,heat)
runs good timing belt done at 143,000
clutch at 115,000. built in radar detector
bedliner,new battery,water pump,thermostatall in the last 6,000miles.tires r u good shape W/ plenty tread.The windsheild has a crake in it but other than that she's in good shape.
blue book 1100
cheap wheels for someone who needs a pickup.
price $950
i'll post pics soon.
email [email protected]
R&R
-------------------

Mike, here is a decent priced car.. ;)

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
::damn, that truck is a 94::

harrumph, well I would rather have my son in a nice SAFE big ol hunk of STEEL, one that wont distract him with the peculiarities of learning a stick shift at such a tender age, also with the overdrive transmission this car gets good mileage (I got over 20 on trips)(and I took LOTS of trips, lol)

and well, after all, it IS a chevy

The HeartBeat of America baby!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
My wife has an 88 Camaro for sale. It runs pretty good and the milage isn't too high. A great first car for a 16 y.o. boy. Looks sporty and fast but only has a v-6.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Go over to FREE Beer- got a 88 GMC 1500 alot of miles, reliable truck not pretty but runs good-1300 takes it :eek:

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Originally posted by JOFO17:
My wife has an 88 Camaro for sale. It runs pretty good and the milage isn't too high. A great first car for a 16 y.o. boy. Looks sporty and fast but only has a v-6.
I REMEMBER IT WELL OH LET HIM HAVE THE RED FIREBIRD AS A FIRST CAR.IT WAS 2 TO 1 SO I RELENTED.THEN HE WAS UNLUCKY THIS TELEPHONE POLE JUMPED OUT AND HIT HIM.IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD IN 25 MPH ZONE.I WONDER IF MINI STAIN'S FIRST BOAT WILL BE A WATER FOUNTAIN OR DONZI.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Mike --
My girlfriend just bought a Jeep so her Mustang is for sale. A very nice car for the $$$. It looks great and believe me that is something your son would love you for. Dependable, looks good and since its not a Cobra, saleen or even a gt the insurance should be more then reasonable. Here are the spec's. If you have any questions or want to see it shoot me and email. :D
--1996 Ford Mustang LS
--Red
--95,000 miles
--2000 Cobra R Rims 17.9"--tires still have quite a bit of life to them also
--Auto, Air, Power windows, Power locks,
Power Seats
--Non-smoker
**** A Very Reliable, Clean Car ****

$5500 OBO :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
93 ford 150...new tranie last year 110 miles...runs great..i use it everyday..may need some minor things like brakes...but thats about it..its due for inspection...i will let it go for 2000.00

·
Registered
15,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the E-mails and posts, but the kid an his buddies decided to cut school on friday and well I caught him. He is a good kid but He does some stupid things that he doesn't know why he doesn't them but he does. He is a little wacked out, a real comedian its so hard to get mad at him and harder to disapline him but I came down hard so the car is on hold till he regains my trust.

Thanks Again.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Mike--

Well boys will be boys but if you decide give me and email and hopefuly it will still be available.

p.s.

I used to cut school all the time, its a phase he shoudl get over it soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have a 1988 ford tempo,With 87000 orgin. Miles( no joke)New alt.,battery,engine fan motor,Runs good.May need a tuneup,tires,one headlight bucket,and the drivers seat belt fixed.For inspection.Hit very light in the front bumper,will pass with that.Will seen pics.If you like.Check this out $450.00

1 - 15 of 15 Posts