BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone can recommend where I can get a 70 gal aluminum tank? Long story short, mine has a hole in the bottom(wasn't pretty:mad: :eek: :mad: )
Thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
68 Posts
Fuel Tank

I bought one about 3 yrs back from an outfit in Toms River it cost about $500 for 50 gal. epoxy coated deal w/ sending unit and fittings. I'm told that they run about $8/ gal. Yours should run around $600 +. Sorry but I can't remebmer the name of outfit. If you need it I can get it for you.

The salty dog has ads for local tank mfg companies - shop around. Make sure you check, or better yet, replace all the hoses and ground wires; also the bedding is important you can buy neoprene rubber for the contact points.

The fun is getting it out. I drained mine. Left it to vent all winter then cut it down the middle w/ an air chisel. After that we caved it in toward the center and pried it out. The new one was an exact fit and I just used Great stuff to foam it in.

Its doable if your handy.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
There is a place on Rt 37 in Toms River called SP Sheet Metal. They are on the internet. I beleive they build the tanks for Silverton and the like. They are epoxy coated aluminum and CG certified. Look them up on the internet for phone number. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Fuel tank replacement

Just wondering-what about those bladder tanks advertised in fishing magazines. Would they work as a replacment? Just cut a smaller hole in deck and top of tank and slip it in?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
i have had two tanks for diff boats made at speedy tanks . picked the most recent one up and they showed me around the shop. nice people , nice product and nice price. told me 4 or 5 days , had it in three. my mechanic was very impressed with the quality and turn around time. highly recommend them. bb

·
Banned
2,690 Posts
patriot marine...

i use danny from patriot marine in waretown nj...he builds a really nice product...

beware of the coating on the tanks from sp-i seen one of their tanks,it was new and just got put into the boat-not to throw rocks here...but,you can do better than that....
remember something about coating aluminum,if it's not "etch primed" first,the adhesion will not reliable...i epxoy coat the tanks i get after etch priming them...:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I used Danny from Patriot Marine, very reasonable and excellent quality , a 70 gallon tank cost me around
$500.00 5 years ago.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Atlantic Coastal Welding....16 Butler Blvd....Bayville...N.J....1-800-434-8265.Did work for me twice.Very satisfied...Work done 5 days or less

·
Registered
15,153 Posts
I sent you a email Degraves.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts