BASS BARN banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking a mental health day off from work this Thursday. I'm going :nuts: So I'm going fishing, but not sure where or for what yet. :huh: My first choice is alway fishing the surf for bass. I'm open to any suggestions. If you don't want to post here, shoot me an email.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I'm taking a mental health day off from work this Thursday. I'm going :nuts: So I'm going fishing, but not sure where or for what yet. :huh: My first choice is alway fishing the surf for bass. I'm open to any suggestions. If you don't want to post here, shoot me an email.
Get a chum bucket and find some sod banks in north jersey, LBI and north and get a dozen sand or Bloodworms and catch and release winter flounder.:bow::bow:

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get a chum bucket and find some sod banks in north jersey, LBI and north and get a dozen sand or Bloodworms and catch and release winter flounder.:bow::bow:
Too cold to be putting bait on a hook. :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Bring 2 rods and head east. Try some pickeral fishing in the Barrens. Should be pretty quiet and protected from the weather. If you get antsy-continue to the salt.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
after some good weather coming up the pickeral idea sounds like a winner. i will likely fish out front once or twice before Thursday and let you know if anything is going on. this cold weather day today probably didn't help our cause much but a rainy day in the 50's on monday could turn back the clock. who knows.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Ill be checkin the surf tomorrow afternoon to see if the dinks r still biting hope to get some bass on a snow covered beach:Deven if the r shorties...ill report back...

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Too cold to be putting bait on a hook. :D
Rino I wouldn't mind hitting. B.I.Inlet in search of some tog next week for a mental health day . If you want some company. Got some Korkers ? We could hook up ? I'll bait up , but don't even think I'll touch your pole !! ................:thumbsdown::D

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Rino Got some Korkers ? We could hook up ? I'll bait up , but don't even think I'll touch your pole !! ................:thumbsdown::D
I would hope not Joe, or I would lose respect for ya! :razz:

Page 472, paragraph 12 of the NJ Surfcasting manual says clearly:

a. When bringing a rod to the beach, only bring what you can handle.
b. Men fishing the surf should concentrate on their rod, and not concern themselves with the rod of anyone else. :please:
c. Any man caught baiting another man's rod will immediately have his man card revoked and be forever banished to San Francisco.....
:naughty: :eek:

I can see boredom is really setting in here...only a few more weeks till the back bay bass season opens...:wave:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Bring 2 rods and head east. Try some pickeral fishing in the Barrens. Should be pretty quiet and protected from the weather. If you get antsy-continue to the salt.

I second this. There are some big pickeral chewing in the Pines. It's a great change up from the beach scene too. Also, if you find the picks the bass and perch aren't too far away.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Very good idea, especially since I'm driving right though it on my way to the surf.

Ill be checkin the surf tomorrow afternoon to see if the dinks r still biting hope to get some bass on a snow covered beach:Deven if the r shorties...ill report back...
:thumbsup:

Rino I wouldn't mind hitting. B.I.Inlet in search of some tog next week for a mental health day . If you want some company. Got some Korkers ? We could hook up ? I'll bait up , but don't even think I'll touch your pole !! ................:thumbsdown::D
Yea I got korkers. And I'll be saving the pole touching for my wife later that night since it's my bday. :D Also debating jumping on a head boat for a ride on a 50 degree day at the end of January.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Very good idea, especially since I'm driving right though it on my way to the surf.

:thumbsup:

Yea I got korkers. And I'll be saving the pole touching for my wife later that night since it's my bday. :D Also debating jumping on a head boat for a ride on a 50 degree day at the end of January.
Make sure you bring your 5 gallon bucket so you can fish over the rail!:razz:

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
I dont buy it, you got dry-walling to finish your not fishing anywhere!!! :D

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Make sure you bring your 5 gallon bucket so you can fish over the rail!:razz:
At least its not to get my belly above the rail so my arms reach beyond the rail :D

I dont buy it, you got dry-walling to finish your not fishing anywhere!!! :D
My wife refused to make a turkey for my Bday dinner, so I'm going fishing and hitting a dinner on the way for turkey, stuffing and cranberries.

Hey Rhino...if you hurry to 7th street in Ocean City you should snag into something.:D
WAIT A MINUTE... is that how you landed that cow? Dead on the beach!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts