BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
happy holidays all...

any recommendations for stuff to wear in cold/foul weather under light gore-tex waders?

from head to toe, any advice would be appreciated

my longjohns look like swiss cheese and i'm not familiar with the newer materials and their wicking properties...

also, my "water repellent" jacket has lost its strength -- anyone like a particular brand of spray to restore the water repellent nature of the jacket?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I highly recommened a pair of the Military Issue Polyproplene Thermal underwear from RedHead. Just pick the weight that suits what your doing best. Very resonable and they work exremely well. Look for a pair of socks made out of the same stuff. You'll be toasty for sure. 3M makes a decent silicon type spray. I dont know how long it would last in drenching conditions though? Guess it depends on the activity..Goodluck

[ 12-25-2003, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: KeysKid ]

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Less than 30 degrees: 2 pairs of fleece thermal underwear, 1 pair regular dress socks with carhart socks over top. Top it off with a fleece hood, mustang survival suit, glacier gloves and water-proof fleece lined duck boots. Your fully water-proof, able to wade and wearing a category V life-preserver. Over 30 degrees: lose 1 pair of thermal underwear, the hood , and exchange the glacier gloves for fleece lined open finger-tip gloves. Winds greater than 15 mph, use the less than 30 degrees attire. On the rocks, add Hodges spikes to boots. Hope it helps. Merry X-Mas

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
I go with the heavy weight poly union seat from Cabelas, thick poly/wool socks, and fleece lined wind pants.

On top, fleece shirt and either fleece vest or snug fleece jacket depending on how cold. Neoprene jacket certanly helps.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Wool socks over cotton....raw silk thermals...neoprene chest waders..goretex over wool for the topside....

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Originally posted by KeysKid:
I highly recommened a pair of the Military Issue Polyproplene Thermal underwear from RedHead. Just pick the weight that suits what your doing best. Very resonable and they work exremely well. Look for a pair of socks made out of the same stuff. You'll be toasty for sure. 3M makes a decent silicon type spray. I dont know how long it would last in drenching conditions though? Guess it depends on the activity..Goodluck
Ill second that. I got mine from Bass Pro. Real Nice.

The union suit egghead mentioned is sweet as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts