BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Orvis 9wt which has served me well but am looking to get something a bit lighter for my backbay missions. I am leaning toward a 7wt, but don't know much about Temple Fork and Redington, two manufacturers that interest me, both for price and the good things I have heard. Any input either on the two manufacturers I mentioned or others would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

-Merlin

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
To put my 2 cents in Merlin I use a 9ft. 8wt. GL3 Loomis that is a fast rod and very light in the hand for most of my backwater fishing. I can fish either floating or intermediate lines with one rod. I have casted a Gold Cup from Bass Pro that one of the guys in my club has and was delighted at how it felt for the money. If you have a 6wt. laying around take it out later in the summer you'll have a blast on the smaller fish and possibly the fight of a lifetime if a rogue big fish hits.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
I own 2 temple forks and like them alot. I fish with guys who use redingtons and they like them.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

·
Registered
7,852 Posts
Merlin, I have 4 Temple Fork Rods and like them very much. They have a great warranty and if you send rod back they get it back to you very quickly. 7 wt. should be okay in the back bay if you are fishing from a boat. If off a jetty or area from shore with alot of obstructions, it could be alittle tricky with a big fish. Go for it, it should be fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts