BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at picking up a 1996 johnson tiller steer 6 horse. has anyone on here owned and operated these little motors. and what would your overall opinion on them be. I'm just makign sure in not getting into a model that might be known for problems. i havent ever heard much about the little 6hp's

· Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i just got back from picking it up. once i heard it running and put it through the gears. i couldnt let it go for the price. it ran just like it came of the floor. very quiet with a very strong pump stream. the gentleman that had it replaced the cowlings and fairings with one from an 8 horse. how difficult will it be to find the proper stickers?? im not sure if it actually matters or not.

BB,

should i still replace the pump and thermo if it is running that quiet and smooth. and the other thing it is a long shaft, what kind of riser brackets are available for it these days. there has got to be something better than the old 2x8 method.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.