BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Try the frist right turn after dividing creek boat rental the name of the road is hansey creek road or the frist right after beaver damn boat rental thats turkey point road they both have free ramps and lots of places to crab. Just watch out at turkey point road you have to work around the tide to get in and out ditch emptys all the way out at low tide.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have crabbed back in that area (out of turkey point) for a long time now and lemme tell ya for the past 3-4 years it's been steadily downhill and now's it basically to the point where i won't even go there anymore. Was there once this year and didn't do diddly back in the crick, had to go out to the bay basically to do anything producitve. I would try the areas in and around the great bay or take a trip to maryland. Otherwise it will be not a very productive trip.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Hey mark, you can try along the maurice river, plenty of crabs there like capt. J said -turkey point road and dividing creek have been down hill for the past 5-7 years, lucky if you come home with a 2 dozen crabs that are a NICE size. You can try the great Egg harbor or near oyster creek but the crabs there don't taste as good as the dividing creek ones do.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went out of Dividing Creek Saturday morning with 8 box traps and didn't catch a single legal crab. Wish I had read Capt J's post first. Thanks everyone for the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.