BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my 55 gal. tank it is a belly tank the boat is in great shape but the tank is 30 years old and with the problems with the new fuel knocking scale off the inside of tanks i am starting to run into problems so i figure it will only be a continuing problem. I want to stay with aluminum with the baffeles inside.The tank is easy to replace and i will do it myself but i need some leads on some suppliers anyone have some leads ?

·
Banned
2,690 Posts
only guy i trust...

dan from patriot marine in waretown nj...he's the guy i have build every tank i replace....

·
Registered
15,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any more suggestions i am working on a price from Patriot Marine.

·
Banned
2,690 Posts
compare...

there's an old saying..."price alone will not provide a true comparison of value"
here's what that means...dan makes a real high quality product,he includes fuel pick ups as well as the senders...his tanks are ready to be etch primed and the tanks are also a little thicker than some of the cheaper guys-big difference....

the tank should be etch primed followed by epoxy coating-before installation...also beware of mixing certain metals,such as aluminum and bronze fittings,you could run into a nasty problem....

also,fuel tanks need to have a build sticker-what this is,the sticker will state who built it,the year it was built,the capacity,the construction as well as the thickness and pressure test info-with out this sticker-DO NOT INSTALL THE TANK !!!

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
wired,
your email is not avalible, feel free to email me, and I'll respond to what I just did over the winter replacing my 50 gallon alluminum belly tank for your consideration...the only difference is there was no baffles in the original nor the new one...baffles do make sense..so that just may end the conversation there.

[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts