BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can't get OEM parts for my trim motor so I am forced to go aftermarket. Is arco my only choice? I need ARC6279. Do you think I can find brushes for my old trim motor at an alternator shop? Thanks for any help.

1995 mercury EFI 175

·
Registered
275 Posts
TPB said:
I can't get OEM parts for my trim motor so I am forced to go aftermarket. Is arco my only choice? I need ARC6279. Do you think I can find brushes for my old trim motor at an alternator shop? Thanks for any help.

1995 mercury EFI 175
We carry Arco, MES and Sierra and I can check my merc book next time I get to the shop, we do have the 6279. I will leave the brush question to the more mechanical inclined.

Mike

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
If it's oem you probably can find brushes, but if it's an Arco probably not. They use a lot of parts made in China and the local rebuilders have a hard time finding aftermarket parts. I have used alot of Arco motors, they seem to hold up good.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies. Its an OEM motor that went bad. The OEM motor has a female hex drive, the arco come with a male slot drive???

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fishinginfo said:
The one in the book for that engine is a male. Do ypu Know if yours has any #'s on it or a name?

Mike
On my OEM motor its female. I have a picture but need to resize it to post. I had the arco arc6279 in my hands, it has a male slot on it. No way it was going to work. I understand the slot will drive the hex but the genders are not right. I'll post pics when I get back from fishing. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
275 Posts
TPB said:
On my OEM motor its female. I have a picture but need to resize it to post. I had the arco arc6279 in my hands, it has a male slot on it. No way it was going to work. I understand the slot will drive the hex but the genders are not right. I'll post pics when I get back from fishing. Thanks for all the help.
I don't know where you are located but if your close bring it into the shop and I will try to match it up, if you are to far away shoot me a email with your location and I will locate someone for you. We are 20 min. from Millville, NJ. (we are moving our servers and our email and website will be down until Sunday afternoon 3/30)

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts