BASS BARN banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
423 Posts
I would not spend alot of money on repairing 20 year old motors. Those Force 125's were U.S. Marine motors and share very little with the later Force motors that had some Mercury support. All Force have been discontinued so getting some parts will be difficult. If you have money to buy later model motors... do it. What boat are these going on?

· Registered
423 Posts
I was asking about what boat this was for because I'm guessing the Forces are 25" shafts and probably off a Trophy. I think 89 (?) was the last of the 125's and then they went with 120's. If this is the boat than going with a single will probably mean you will need a 30" shaft motor. Not impossible to find but certainly more difficult. Of course you can cut down the transom or buy a bracket but I sense you are trying a more economical approach.

BTW if it is a Trophy and you are replacing with another brand twins better make sure they are going to fit. Many of the V4,V6 will not fit the transom cut-out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.