BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, my cabin fever is about at the boiling point. I am thinking about trying to get out later this week after temps have had a chance to come up a bit. I would probably go freshwater-but I don't really have any idea where I should be going this time of year. I just don't want to be too exposed to wind.

I was thinking of the Delaware, the D & R Canal near the river, or Spruce Run.

I don't care what I go for this time of year as long it bends my rod.

Opinions and tactical suggestions?

Thanks as always for any response.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
OK, my cabin fever is about at the boiling point. I am thinking about trying to get out later this week after temps have had a chance to come up a bit. I would probably go freshwater-but I don't really have any idea where I should be going this time of year. I just don't want to be too exposed to wind.

I was thinking of the Delaware, the D & R Canal near the river, or Spruce Run.

I don't care what I go for this time of year as long it bends my rod.

Opinions and tactical suggestions?

Thanks as always for any response.
Back 2 Bobbers
When I was younger it was my father who first taught me the joy of fishing. I remember our first trip vividly. On my line there was a small red and white bobber tied on with a slip knot he showed me. Attached to my main line a split shot and snelled hook held a small bit of nightcrawler ready to be engulfed. I took my Zebco 103 spincaster and lobbed the rig into the water. The bobber settled in and my father told me to watch if it moved. Immediately, the little red and white sphere went PLUNK under the surface and my first fight was on. Over the years I’ve learned the small bluegill that came to hand was pretty common and possibly even considered a trash fish. But to me, on that day, the little sunfish was exotic and interesting.
Fast forward to today and you can still find me tossing bobbers in my favorite fishing hole...

Want to read why? Look up the CourierPostOnline's Fish Head blog to find out more about a great winter technique. :p :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Back 2 Bobbers
When I was younger it was my father who first taught me the joy of fishing. I remember our first trip vividly. On my line there was a small red and white bobber tied on with a slip knot he showed me. Attached to my main line a split shot and snelled hook held a small bit of nightcrawler ready to be engulfed. I took my Zebco 103 spincaster and lobbed the rig into the water. The bobber settled in and my father told me to watch if it moved. Immediately, the little red and white sphere went PLUNK under the surface and my first fight was on. Over the years I’ve learned the small bluegill that came to hand was pretty common and possibly even considered a trash fish. But to me, on that day, the little sunfish was exotic and interesting.
Fast forward to today and you can still find me tossing bobbers in my favorite fishing hole...

Want to read why? Look up the CourierPostOnline's Fish Head blog to find out more about a great winter technique. :p :thumbsup:
I think this is how we all got introduced to fishing a significant figure took us down to the lake or river with a bobber and some worms. Odds are everyones first fish was a sunfish or bluegill too.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.