BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to glue them with super glue
did not work too fast (except on my fingers)
are you guys using epoxy or hot glue?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I use krazy glue with the brush. I dab the eye socket with just a tiny little bit of glue then just drop the eye down and press with the side of a pair of scissors that I have on my bench. If you put on too much glue it will bubble up and over the eye and make it cloudy.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mulv I was using the Krazy glue with the brush just seem to not want to stick every time

·
Registered
631 Posts
dip it after glue

I find that by glueing the eyes on and then dipping the whole jig up to and including the tie string, into clear lure paint (you can also use clear fingernail polish) You have therefore sealed the eyes onto the jig. Don :D

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Epoxy! We are now coating each and every bucktail in 2 part 5 min Flex Coat- tough as nails. Its a pain but once you get it down, its easy.

Mask/gloves/good vent. or do it in the garage or outside.

there will be zero complaints of eyes falling off, as they are protected by a few mils of rock hard epoxy. I've been putting extra on the "belly" as well.

Yo Mike - how was your winter buddy ?

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
Epoxy! We are now coating each and every bucktail in 2 part 5 min Flex Coat- tough as nails. Its a pain but once you get it down, its easy.

Mask/gloves/good vent. or do it in the garage or outside.

there will be zero complaints of eyes falling off, as they are protected by a few mils of rock hard epoxy. I've been putting extra on the "belly" as well.

Yo Mike - how was your winter buddy ?
When you you are doing them on epoxy, are you brushing? Spraying?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.