BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
wait for the surf to be at least 55 degrees, buy creek chub 2100 and 8' rod to cast it, go to the surf, Cast it out reel it in shake it around a bit and make it look scared, repeat 300 times, If it doesnt work, do it again later, If your casting into the atlantic anywhere in the state of NJ thats all you really need to know-

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Your quickest way to a bass off the beach this spring will be a nice juicy delicious dripping wet surf clam

RyanF

·
Banned users
6,339 Posts
try and hook up with someone who fishes the same areas you like to fish I fish SIC to DB mostly week days if you want to come along send email:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
if you say to yourself "it's a beautiful day to go to the beach" you should probably stay home. work the hours around sunrise or from sunset into the night. i'm not that much of a bait guy but worms and clams will get purchased by me during this month and april. after that it's mostly plugs and freshly caught/snagged bunker. stop by a local shop and pay them some business. they are dying for customers to be successful with their bait and will be more honest with you about conditions and activity local to that area. the main thing that seems to happen as we go into may and june is the bass will often bite at crazy times during the day sprung by bunker feedings. that's when that "it's a beautiful day" comment goes out the window and i find myself patrolling the coastline constantly looking for dark patches in the water followed by a streak of white tearing through them. ryan really hit it on the head with the clam post because bass really can't pass up a FRESH clam. if they are open and smelly at the shop you go to move along to ones that are fresh. circle hooks will also leave you happy as you don't have to worry about swing and miss tactics with your rod. good luck.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
work the hours around sunrise or from sunset into the night. i'm not that much of a bait guy but worms and clams will get purchased by me during this month and april. . stop by a local shop and pay them some business. they are dying for customers to be successful with their bait and will be more honest with you about conditions and activity local to that area. the main thing that seems to happen as we go into may and june is the bass will often bite at crazy times during the day sprung by bunker feedings. that's when that "it's a beautiful day" comment goes out the window and i find myself patrolling the coastline constantly looking for dark patches in the water followed by a streak of white tearing through them. ryan really hit it on the head with the clam post because bass really can't pass up a FRESH clam.

What He Said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I Always Say, " CLAM is KING in the SPRING ",( easy to digest) when the Bunker show up then, " BUNKER is BOSS"!

Here is how I see it,
If Striped Bass were like People ;
Clam = Grilled Chicken Sandwich, easy to Digest early spring , Healthy !
Bunker = Like a good old greasy Big Mac...packs on the pounds !
Eels = Like Italian Sausage on the Boardwalk..sometimes you are just in the "mood" at night wandering around the waters edge to have it.
Spot = Like Fried Chicken...when served up crispy , and juicy its Irresistably, Delicious to a bass !
Mullet = Like a Hotdog at a baseball game you gotta have it !
Sandeels =
rainbait =
spearing = All of these are like a Supersized French fries to a Striper something to snack on cause they are there in numbers!.
Calico crabs = are like potato chips. can't just eat one !.

There you have it!...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.