BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just contacted from a Company called Nu-Ice with a very interesting product.

They claim it can keep sub freezing temperatures for up to 96 hours and is reusable..

Im in the process of doing an apples to apples comparison using 1 2lb Nu-Ice Bag and 2lbs of regular ice, both will be in a 13qt Engel cooler.

These bags are available in 2lb bags for $14.95 each and 5lb bags for $24.95

Heres more info,

Developed in 2009 for the medical field, Nu-Ice technology has become a leader in the cold shipping industry. Our products have been engineered to maintain stringent temperature parameters set by the manufactures’ to ensure product integrity during shipping. Pharmaceutical Companies, Hospitals, Food Packaging and the US Military have all turned to this technology for solutions.
After months of market research and overwhelming response at the recent Fort Lauderdale Boat show, Nu-Ice is proud to introduce our new line of retail freezer packs. Driven by uncompromised performance, our team has developed a new product to meet the demands of the outdoor and recreational market. The Marine Pak is an excellent alternative to both ice and dry ice, creating a safe, cold, dry space for the sportsmen’s coolers and fish boxes. * Additionally, Nu-ice ensures your shipped catch, no matter what the weight, arrives home fresh, without the expense and hazard of dry-ice or inefficiencies of standard gel packs.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Looks cool, looking forward to the results of your testing.

Thanks for sharing

RyanF

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Probably great for sandwhiches but once a thrashing fin pokes a hole in that bag it's done. I'll be sticking with good old fashion ice slurry!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
the small one is 9.5" x 9.5" and I don't have the bigger one here yet to measure.
Seems tiny for something used in the shipping industry? Have to buy 20 of em just to line the cooler?

RyanF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts