BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Complete new(not rebuilt) 350 Chev counter rotation engine with distributor, carb and transmission. Ready to install $4000 OBO

·
Registered
540 Posts
randy whats your # - call me at 609 442 8323

John

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that changing the cam, the gear on the distributor and the starter would be all that is needed to convert to regualr rotation. It does have the manifolds on it and is about a mid 1990's engine. Maybe Barnicle Bill can give any other specs on what would be needed.

·
Registered
829 Posts
When changing direction of rotation,you must also turn the pistons 180 degrees,as the downware thrust will now be on the opposite side of the piston,the oil pump must be changed,if you run the pump backwards you will pump the oil out of the crankshaft and into the oil pan.Ring gear on flywheel must be changed as bevel will be on opposite side.For more info E-mail [email protected]

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks of the input, I was not sure what all had to be done but I knew ther was a way to change the direction.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
you must also turn the pistons 180 degrees,as the downware thrust will now be on the opposite side of the piston

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

PASS THE CRACK PIPE!!!!

:rolleyes:

just get rings that are thicker on the outside to offset the greater wear by the weight of the piston leaning to the outside

1 - 7 of 7 Posts