BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have Lee Marine Power batteries out of Pt. Pleasant, part # 24m7, 1000 ca, 875 cca. They have 6 seasons on them and I'm looking to replace with equal or better, any suggestions. Thanx

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
If you got 6 seasons out of them, why not buy the same ones again, most guy change them after 3 seasons.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Deka

Wow. 6 years of service is great. If you can't find the same Lee batteries, Deka 24M7's have worked well for us.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Captbob,I also have Deka batteries that will be six years old in june.Probably should be replacing them this year. I was wondering whats the best place to buy these.I don't understand why people are replacing batteries every two or three years.Are they overcharging them or are they just buying junk batteries?

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Great White said:
Captbob,I also have Deka batteries that will be six years old in june.Probably should be replacing them this year. I was wondering whats the best place to buy these.I don't understand why people are replacing batteries every two or three years.Are they overcharging them or are they just buying junk batteries?
Deka's have one of the better reputations....

West Marine batts have had a good rep (someone posted awhile back they were Dekas but I didn't verify)...though I don't have the inside scoop on them a few years back.

Most problems are probably from undercharging in boats...probably not overcharging....many boaters don't have electric or onboard chargers....

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got a price of $112.00 each. Any suggestions for anything a little cheaper but with the same output, these are starting batteries not dual purpose if that makes a difference in price, I'm going to stay with the starting battery.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Great White said:
If you give a call at the shop and tell me the specs on the battiers that you are replacing we have the Deka's in stock. Open Wed. thru Sunday.

Mike

·
Registered
944 Posts
Deka's are the bomb.
I have been thru the Interstate BS and will never do that again. the truck batts do not last nor due the RV/Marine Batts last.
Very good service with the network and trade in but if/when you break down it is not worth the marginal extra price you pay for a top of the line batt..
5/6 years from the deka marine batts and 5/6 years from the AC/DELCO truck batts.
I have been thinking about the Optima next time around as I have not heard a single compltaint.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts