BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to start the boat, just to make sure all is fine for the first journey of the year . And what happens motor turned over a few times and dead battery. Now my questions is. What the difference on the batteries. A 27, 27, 29, some have letters after the number. All mine says is 24m-hd, 500 cca, 625 mca. Seams west marine doesnt carry them. But walmart does. Should I worry if purchased form wally? Or should I wait u til tuesday and try to find one else where. Want to get out tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Your battery is a 24 month (guarantee) heavy duty, 500 cold cranking amps, 625 marine cranking amps...

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
we have had good luck with the agm batteries..my dads boat has one since you have to put it in sideways and a typical battery would leak out until it was in place...his original battery was 7 or 8 years old until it started acting up....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Only good I've heard from the bass boat world is that Walmart stands behind their warranty. BUT, you'll be there every yr for a new one. I'm a firm believer in Delco Marine batteries but they're tough to find. They have a web site that will tell you the local outlets that sell them. Tell them you want a Marine starting battery, and the bigger the number, generally the higher the starting and reserve capacity. It's generally dictated by the size of the compartment and the hold down trey (which can be changed for a larger one). With batteries you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
I have DEKA, last set lasted 6 years and stayed with boat all winter with no trickle charger

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Im a deka guy. Left them alone for 18 months. Didn't put her in last year and she cranked right over. i didn't charge them either. Holds the charge really good.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
I'm an Interstate guy..... they are good for 3 - 4 seasons and dont break the bank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts