BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
we picked up the EMMA FRANCES our new boat today. it is a 1986 22ft garvey built by frick. it is an inboard which we are going to run either a 5.0/5.7 mercruiser. we are also going to sand down and spray the hull but havent decided on the color scheme yet. we are looking foward to fishing the south end this year and i will be posting pics as we go threw the overhaul.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I love the dark hull, but makes visibility a *****. She looks good. Is she i/o or shafted??

I see guys running that style boat all over the place clamming in the back bays, always look nice cruising around.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is a straight inboard and is glassed over ply. i will take some more pics before we start. i had my duaghter with me the other day so i didnt have time to take them.might be looking for a spot to dock it on the south end of the island if anyone knows of a cheap place for the season

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we are also looking for a complete small block chevy inboard. if you have one or know of someone looking to get rid of one please contact me at 609-496-2936. or email me at [email protected]. the previous owner had a worked 350 chevy that ran on race fuel which we had him pull because we are looking for something a little more economical. we purchased it with the tranny so we would like to match it up and drop it in

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
just a quick update. we have her all sanded down and are doing some minor glass work to seal her back up right. should have it sprayed with emron with in 2 weeks. we are going to keep with the black hull with a little grey trim and booth. we also picked up a 351 ford which we are going to part out and buy a new block. we did a compression test and it didnt seem to be where it should for the amount of work going into it. overall very pleased with the way it coming and it will look sweet running down the bay. i will have more pics after this weekend.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
this weekend we are looking to flush mounting 2 garmin units on the console, mounting some new spreader lights, vhf, and wiper. aslo going to put in an order for the led nav lights and mount them on the sides of the booth. the motor, well we are still working on the motor. After this weekend its going to be time to show the big boat some lovin.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.