BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a boat it is a creastliner 17' with a 90 merc. on it.Is this a good boat the guy only wants 2500 for it it looks like it has not been run much.It has been sitting for 5 years covered.Thank for any advice given

·
Registered
317 Posts
I bought a car that sat for 3 years. the mileage was very low and it was a good deal. i quickly found out that sitting all that time was not good for the car. a lot of the seals and gaskets were dry rotted. i needed to have a engine overhaul to replace all the gaskets. it wasnt worth it in my case. Just something to keep in mind. I dont think you would see it leaking in 5 minutes of run time so maybe you could run it a few times before buying it? Seals might not be an issue on that motor but something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
do a compression check on the cylinders B4U buy!.
for 2500 you could be on the water fairly cheaply if it doesn't need much. Though a 17fter would should only be in calm waters. I wouldn't want to be out in 3 fters or more :eek:

Remember.... A boat is an indentation upon the water in which one throws hundred dollar bills :D

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
RattleTrap,
I am going to move this over to the
TackleBox Forum to get you some more
responses,

Thx,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.