BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The New 205 Eastport
First-class cruising, economy fare.

Coming for the 2005 model year ? a remarkable new 20-foot cuddy that promises to be one of the greatest values in Whaler history. The all-new 205 Eastport? is the first of our Legend Series of classically designed Whalers to combine cuddy comfort with a large, open cockpit and an exceptionally roomy walkaround, at a price that?s as attractive as its styling. The standard 205 Eastport with a 150-horsepower Mercury Marine OptiMax® engine is priced as low as $41,900 MSRP (price does not include freight, dealer prep, taxes, etc.).

The perfect cuddy cabin for family cruising and fishing, the 205 Eastport comes loaded with features and with the superior materials, fit and finish you expect from an Unsinkable Legend. Small enough to be easily trailered (and available as a boat/motor/trailer package), it?s big enough for you and your family to enjoy all kinds of waterborne activities.

You?ll be amazed at how much cockpit room you?ll find on a boat of this size, plus the amount of recessed walkaround space ? especially at the bow, where you?ll appreciate sure footing and a more secure feeling when you?re docking or anchoring. The Eastport boasts features of far more expensive boats, such as an aluminum-framed, single-piece, curved glass windshield for better visibility and durable service, plus plenty of storage and creature comforts.

The ergonomics are outstanding. From the comfortable bucket helm seat, you?ll find gauges and switches mounted in a high position for easier viewing. And if you want to complement the standard Mercury® SmartCraft? deluxe gauge package, large flat panels to the port and starboard of the helm offer ample room for more electronics.

There?s seating for everyone, with a helm seat, companion seat and two aft quarter seats with backrest bolsters and grab rails. And when you want to get out of the sun or bunk for the night, the lighted cabin offers a comfortable v-berth with concealed porta potti. Just pop open the portholes with screen and enjoy some breeze below.

And you?ll keep the fun moving smartly all day long with the reliable power of the standard 150 XL Mercury OptiMax engine, with options available up to 200 horsepower. Of course, in the Whaler tradition, there are loads of options for you to design your boat your way

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have very little experience buying boats, but 41k seems pretty steep. How much of that is for the BW name? I know a 20 ft Mako with 150 HP Mercury is about 30k. I know Mako makes a good boat, but is a BW really 11k better?

This may be a dumb question, but it seems to me that when BW branched out beyond lifeboats years ago they became more trendy than they probably deserved. Am I off-base?

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
My dreams are about the 18-5 McKee Craft offshoreman. With a 7 foot long insulated fishbox,dual livewells,salt water washdown awsome rod storage and 110hp 4 stroke for $22,500
barrell

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
barrell,
One of These ?

Sweet Ride !!!!

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
about 15 k is for the whaler name

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I like it Steve, 41k is sticker, mid-30k's is probably where she will sell. I like the McKee as well.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The McKee Crafts are made by the guy who designed the Whaler then left to form his own company. My dad has a 16' Mckee and it is great! Handles fairly rough water well and great fighing space! And much pretty pricing then BW! Get'em Wet! Pig

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
My Steiger 21 Block Island looks about the same and I would bet the price of a new one is about the same.
But then thats why I buy used boats!!

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
How big(feet) do the McKee's get.

People who drive BW also smoke Macanudo cigars and drink Corona Beer with a lime

·
Registered
251 Posts
BW's are sweet rides. I have a 23 Rage and feel comfortable taking her anywhere. That feeling alone cannot have a price. Doc, I smoke Cohibas and drink Crown and 7.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Nice choices , man.

Just taking a friendly poke that's all. Nothing personal, and I mean that one.

Carolina skiff, A.Fuente/Cohiba/R & J/ H. Upman or Monte Cristos. Whatever is on sale

·
Registered
251 Posts
I hear ya Doc. Next time your in CM, stop by HarborView, B dock and I'll buy you a cold one.

·
Registered
8,366 Posts
Always go with the old boat with a new motor. You don't have to worry about every little scratch and the motor will start. And of course the boat is cheaper when it is used. Never(if possible) buy a used motor. You are buying another person's headache. My dad had a mckee when I was growing up. A great fishing boat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts