BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I finished a couple 400g and 500g Bushido rods for a good buddy of mine. We kept the 5' 8" blank length and built them both acid wrapped.

Thanks for looking!

Joe

Blank - Bushido 400g and 500g, 5' 8"
Seat - Fuji graphite DPSD-22
Grips - EVA - split grips in the rear and shaped in the front
Guides - Fuji - MNSG - 20, 16, 16, 16, then 12's up including the tip

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Love it!..Great job.

is that some form of blue marbling under the guides?

gorgeous.

·
Registered
254 Posts
hey extreme, great job once again, could you tell me where the dimpled winding checks around your split grips came from, im having trouble finding them in sizes 20 to 26 mm.
thanks in advance :thumbsup:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey extreme, great job once again, could you tell me where the dimpled winding checks around your split grips came from, im having trouble finding them in sizes 20 to 26 mm.
thanks in advance :thumbsup:
Thanks, I appreciate it! I get the dimpled checks from Mudhole but they only go up to 15mm. The smooth checks go up to 20mm that I saw. I'm not sure where you'd find 20-26mm, maybe Merrick or American tackle?

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
You are on fire!!!! After talking yesterday, I realized if you keep building rods.....I may never see my "wind on" order????? I am calling Jay today and setting up an intervention. Unless ofcourse I see some type of proof my Bad Fish Wind Ons are being done!!?? :D :eek:

Don't worry Jay, I found his weakness yesterday.......we can no doubt screw with his head! Just tell him "concept spacing" is NOT a good thing....we will have him in a rubber room in no time. :D

Seriously, great job as usual. The pics are nice, but the rods in the photos look even better in person. :thumbsup: No rush on the wind on's, its winter and have plenty of time, just busting ya.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
You are on fire!!!! After talking yesterday, I realized if you keep building rods.....I may never see my "wind on" order????? I am calling Jay today and setting up an intervention. Unless ofcourse I see some type of proof my Bad Fish Wind Ons are being done!!?? :D :eek:

Don't worry Jay, I found his weakness yesterday.......we can no doubt screw with his head! Just tell him "concept spacing" is NOT a good thing....we will have him in a rubber room in no time. :D

Seriously, great job as usual. The pics are nice, but the rods in the photos look even better in person. :thumbsup: No rush on the wind on's, its winter and have plenty of time, just busting ya.
Don't give Jay any ideas Tom! I'm about to pad the walls in my garage with all the knowledge going around now! lol!

Thanks for the input last night and the good words on the builds. Lots of good info you guys always provide, that's why I come in. I'll drop your order off next weekend.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
182 Posts
Tom I have been in contact with A&E and they are willing to feature Joe on their show Intervention.

Joe thinks he's busy now. Wait till I hit send on the Craigslist ad for the free custom wrapped Bushido blanks.

Of course this will happen after I list his boat for $1000 and his car for $500. :D

In all seriousness it is great to see Joe's passion for this and his work is unbelievable.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Don't give Jay any ideas Tom! I'm about to pad the walls in my garage with all the knowledge going around now! lol!

Thanks for the input last night and the good words on the builds. Lots of good info you guys always provide, that's why I come in. I'll drop your order off next weekend.

Thanks,

Joe
Like I said, no rush....I'm just busting you. I see alot of builders between selling components and classes. You were asking questions last night that guys who have been building for 10yrs have not asked or wondered about, so you have it down, trust me. If I can give you any advice at all, I would say trust yourself more. You are doing some great work and the questions you have only prove you are thinking like a true builder. I don't think you are giving yourself enough credit. ( this advice is for your own sanity) lol. You will see so many opinions and "latest and greatest" products that will make you crazy. As long as you have the concepts down, you will soon see right through the marketing gimmicks. Being honest, you have it down. So, your more advanced than many builders already. This is what has made people like Kevin Bogan so successful over the years. The understanding of how it all works and why the slightest adjustment will make or break a rod. Take all of the advice in and stick with your instinct. ;)

Tom I have been in contact with A&E and they are willing to feature Joe on their show Intervention.

Joe thinks he's busy now. Wait till I hit send on the Craigslist ad for the free custom wrapped Bushido blanks.

Of course this will happen after I list his boat for $1000 and his car for $500. :D

In all seriousness it is great to see Joe's passion for this and his work is unbelievable.
Is that why A&E told me they have something similar in the works already? :D Is there a pool yet on how long it will be before the Renzetti Laser Wrapper is in the rod workshop? If so, I want 3 days after the NC session ends. Wait, maybe 2 weeks into the trip.....he can have it shipped to NC...:D I want 2 boxes!!!!

This pic will get him going!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Tom! I don't even know what that 2nd picture is but it looks like I could use one! Could wrap a rod in minutes with laser accuracy and then do a weave in 20 minutes! lol!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts