BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an interesting story from the Sunday Wichita Eagle. Don't know the date.
A resident in the area saw a ball bouncing around in a nearby pond and went over to investigate. It turned out to be a flathead catfish who had obviously tried to swallow a child's basketball which became stuck in its mouth! The fish was totally exhausted from trying to dive, but was unable to because the ball kept bringing him back to the surface. The resident tried numerous times to get the ball out, but was unsuccessful. He finally had his wife cut the ball and deflate it and released the hungry fish. I'm going to try to attach photos.
I was just wondering if someone used the basketball for bait or maybe it was the bobber.

[ 01-22-2005, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: THe Dude ]

·
Registered
924 Posts
lol. Sounds like he was on the recieving end of a cruel joke. I wonder where the fish is that ate the dog chasing the ball.

[ 01-22-2005, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Capt. Joe Haase ]

·
Registered
924 Posts
Maybe we should go noodeling ;)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe it would have been easier to just put up a hoop and see if the catfish would take a shot.

·
Banned
1,057 Posts
i think you are supposed to report flat heads to the fish and game people, i could be wrong though

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Kind of look's like A.I. :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
was gonna say....the sixers should look into this fish...SOMEBODY has to rebound...

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
That is frikkin' incredible! Those catfish are something else.

·
Registered
194 Posts
It is incredible!Nice to see a person go to all that trouble to save a fish.If that kid had been playing with a bowling ball it might have had a quite different ending.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts