BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to get my 6 pack or 4 pack and try some charters i have a 26 foot cc twin 140s the boat is a 2009 but bought in 2008 going to do inshore and offshore charters see how it goes and if i do good maybe upgrade the boat should be fun if i get charters

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Lots of luck to you this season!!! Hopefully the economy will pick up a little more and we'll get some more trips than last year. We did ok last season but looking forward to a better 2010!!

If you want any tips or just BS about it a little, feel free to give me a call:thumbsup:

Dave

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
going to get my 6 pack or 4 pack and try some charters i have a 26 foot cc twin 140s the boat is a 2009 but bought in 2008 going to do inshore and offshore charters see how it goes and if i do good maybe upgrade the boat should be fun if i get charters
Best of luck to you.... make sure you get all the required permits/insurance etc....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
827 Posts
New charter

Best of luck.

Lay a set of rules out from the start -- you are the Captain. But don't be Captain Bleigh. Give guys a fair shake - If things are slow add some extra time on the boat

Try to be a little careful in choosing your first year charters. ie Drinkers not fishermen. If you do well the first year, your best advertisement is going to be word of mouth. I did some charters in the late 80's- early 90's and still get an occasional calls.

Once again good luck and tight lines.

·
Registered
691 Posts
it is nice to see when someone is trying to start a business that there are other people willing to help them, even if they are technically considered to be the competition. good for you daisymay, that is a standup thing to do.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
i don't know why , but i was under the assumption , you were young , like maybe 15 or 16 years old . Oh well , good luck , I hear the test is no joke. so study hard. what does one red light over a white over a red meen. i have no clue , but it is on the test.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Striperman, you took the words right out of my mouth. I could not have said it better. It is very nice to see you other capt's offering advise. That is only one reason that the guys on this site should support all of you whenever possible. TJ

·
Banned
618 Posts
Wishen Good luck I think Fireball will be available as a mate ,I cant use him as much this year (he drinks red bull and gets on my nevres but he is a good mate) and you cant call Dasimay because i need his help more then you do. Jim call me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.