BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else think it is chit that they are require circle hooks used for all tournaments?! lol

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont see a big difference at all...

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
it takes alittle bit of learning, but a week in isla mujeras or los suenos can teach you alot... after the fish is hooked you dont have to hold your breath everytime he comes surface bound... i think most will adjust just fine. and also we know as fishermen were doing as much as we can without completley stopping to ensure a healthy stock

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i just can not fathom the amount of time to rig these ballyhoo for trolling now!

hahah

I hate using floss and stuff!

anyone got an short cuts?

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
sportfishingusa said:
I dont see a big difference at all...
I do. Have you ever seen a billfish come to the boat gut hooked, hooked out and around the gills, or hooked in the head?

Its kind of depressing seeing a fish like that come up dead. Especially a smaller non-qualifying fish.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know but it is just a pain! lol... got to floss everything.. you troll the same as i do with the snelled hooks and the hook on the bridge?

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah but Big Jay i mean the total number of fish taken in a tournament is probably not near the amount on other boats.. We need to enfore it all over the place!

Guys just fishing for fun dont use circles when they troll..

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
j-hooks suck for billfish

plain & simple

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i understand just looking for a quicker way to rig them other than floss. lol

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you do the same with either andy? put the hook on the bridge with point foward right?

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Damnit andy now i got to go and get a few dozen and perfect it for august! hahah

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
sportfishingusa said:
yeah but Big Jay i mean the total number of fish taken in a tournament is probably not near the amount on other boats.. We need to enfore it all over the place!

Guys just fishing for fun dont use circles when they troll..
Heck, if i could figure out how to get the circle farther back in the bait i would use them for everything. Circles in my opinion work a lot better then J's anyway.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts