BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are looking for a new fish finder for a 19ft Grady White.Does anyone have any suggestions? We are interested in the following:
lowrance elite 7 HDI
lowrance elite 5 HDI
Hummingbird 858 ci. HD

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Check out the Simrad NSS7 evo 2...Just installed complete with chirp & 3d sidescan!!!!! Check out their site....
I second this. I have this mated with a 3G radar...love this setup.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
I'll be getting a new system but it won't be a touch screen, I can't imagine that being a good idea. My idea is a Garmin 820xs or 840xs with down scan and side scan. I was originally thinking at 700 series but the touch screen turned me off.

·
Banned
3,874 Posts
I'll be getting a new system but it won't be a touch screen, I can't imagine that being a good idea. My idea is a Garmin 820xs or 840xs with down scan and side scan. I was originally thinking at 700 series but the touch screen turned me off.
Just curious as to why you think touchscreen is not a goof idea? I think in a few years that may be the only option as all electronic devices seem to be phasing out buttons and knobs. They work pretty darn well on iphones...

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
I just think that while fishing with wet hands and salt slime and all the other stuff the touch screen will get messed up, What about when your wearing gloves? Will you have to get some kind of texting gloves to adjust your display? I wont be getting one, they still make them with buttons and that''s what I'll be buying.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
I have NsSS7 and it works flawlessly with wet slimmy fingers! LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts