BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been up most of the night waiting for the arrival of my new fishing buddy. Any minute my grandson will enter the world... And he will be stuck with a a fishaholic PopPop. This will make four grandsons, two grand daughters and another baby due in July. I'm only 48, how did this happen?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Congratulations Old Man!

Congratulations Greg!

Wow, you are fast becoming the title character in the "Old Man and the Sea.":p:razz:

Only kidding, pal. Congrats, one more prodigy to take fishing. And one less reason for the wife to razz you about going fishing...."Hey, I'm taking the boys fishing!"

I know what you mean though. If someone would have told me when I was 21 that I'd have 3 kids and drive a minivan by 35, I would have told them they were nuts:nuts:

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
Congrats on the New Arrival,.......You ask how did this happen ?

Answer

Cheap entertainment! Although in the end it isn't cheap..... I have two daughters born a day (Aug 25,26) apart because After Christmas there isn't alot of money for entertainment,so what do me and the wifey do? NOW I sleep on the couch face down after Christmas atleast till spring.:D.

Live 2 Fish
<><
Forced 2 Work​

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! Carter (I'll be calling him CJ) came into the world at 20.5"/7lb12oz. Boy and Mom are doing fine and my son is beaming with pride - he had to point out how big the baby's hands are; "good for pitching." :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
Thanks guys! Carter (I'll be calling him CJ) came into the world at 20.5"/7lb12oz. Boy and Mom are doing fine and my son is beaming with pride - he had to point out how big the baby's hands are; "good for pitching." :thumbsup:
Congrats

Good for pitching-hope he meant bait not balls cause you wont have a fishingbuddy if baseball is his passion-and you will be watching

I miss most of drum bite because daughter involved in softball-all good as she will only be young once and time is marching on

·
Registered
11,402 Posts
Congrats!!! But I gotta ask, is the drywall done yet????? :razz:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Can we get an official weigh in?

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats

Good for pitching-hope he meant bait not balls cause you wont have a fishingbuddy if baseball is his passion-and you will be watching

I miss most of drum bite because daughter involved in softball-all good as she will only be young once and time is marching on
I still go to my son's games; and on Monday-Friday evenings) or my son's games on Sundays never interfer with fishing for me. I fish mostly at night. Many times baseabll is my excuse to go fishing! I tell my wife that I can't get anything done around the house on Sunday due to the double-header, so I'm going fishing all night Saturday and I'll meet them at the game. Works like a charm :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats.

I'm 52 and we are expecting out first grandchild in July.

I can't wait...

Chris
It is a total blast; you will love it. I just can't wait until I can take them fishing. My goal is to get a boat for bay fishing with them in a year or two.

·
Banned users
6,340 Posts
:thumbsup:congratulations to you and your new best buddy, let the fun begin:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.