BASS BARN banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight the n.j. 2004 flounder regs where approved 161/2 inch 8 fish from 5/8 thru 10/11

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
CAPT TATES
to The Bass Barn. Is this Ken, Debbie or Rusty. :D Thanks for the report on the flounder regs.

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
Welcome aboard capt. tates.....Are you guys Open yet?

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Thats darn good news. Thank you.

·
Registered
982 Posts
welcome aboard capt.,thanx for the info

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
I had a feeling when we posted the NO BONES STRIPER TOURNY that it would fall on the opening day of flounder season. Like I said back then we will have some kind of flounder side thing going on.

Hey Ken is that you at CAPT TATES. Welcome to the BARN. :D :D

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
My guess would be it was Deb

The last time I sopke with Ken he had his hands full with a fresh delivery of Rods, reels, and tackle which he said was gonna keep him busy for a while

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Summer flounder season shortened by a week
By ALAN RAPPEPORT Staff Writer, (609) 272-7219

The Marine Fisheries Council voted Tuesday to shorten summer flounder season by seven days this year to make up for over-fishing last season.

The council was forced to find a way to trim 1.3 percent off the total weight of the flounder caught last summer. Like last year, no flounder smaller than 16.5 inches can be kept, and a person can bring home a maximum of eight at a time, according to Councilman Erling Berg, of Cape May County.

"We shortened it up a bit because we went over last year," Berg said. "They caught more summer flounder than was allocated to New Jersey."

This season will start May 8 and end Oct. 11 - beginning five days later and ending two days earlier than last year.

The abbreviated season comes a year after the council decided to extend the summer flounder season by five weeks after 40 percent under-fishing in 2002. Some were fearful last year that the additional five weeks was too lenient and would have to be accounted for in the future.

"There wasn't a lot to argue about," Berg said after the meeting. "They went over last year so we had to reduce it. The government tells you what you can have, so this is what we did."

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Your probably right Ron, must be Debbie.Besides Rusty wouldn't have enough free time to "play" on the barn ;) Like the rest of us :D

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
BTW Deb,
I expect lots of BIG, CHEAP minnies on the 8th :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The truth is Deb has been watching soaps and Rusty has been reading the girly mags. Yes we only sell B I G minnows :eek:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We are opening April 1st and it will be 7 days a week. That is usually the time of year that you can expect to get good a good supply of fresh & live bait.

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Originally posted by Mike Grabbe:
Your probably right Ron, must be Debbie.Besides Rusty wouldn't have enough free time to "play" on the barn ;) Like the rest of us :D
LOL! We were both wrong Mike! It was ken

BTW ken, Debbie told me the story of when she poped in on you and Rusty and found the two of you sound asleep when ya should have been working

It's good to be the King...isn't it ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
cheap minnies and all bait I get at red dog bait and tackle in sea isle city

1 - 18 of 18 Posts