BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pleased to announce that we are now making the CM220 Hammered Diamond Jig in a full range of sizes to accommodate more styles and fishing depths. We have a dandy 3 oz that casts like a bullet for the surf and inshore guys. This bait will be deadly on Spring and Summer Bass, Bluefish and Bluefin - it looks like a little sand eel and the rings are more than strong enough at #400 test.

From there we bump up to the 125g/4.25oz a good all around size for inshore, same #400 rings.

Next up is the 170g/6 oz a good size for inshore and near offshore fishing. All three of these sizes are proportionally the same as the original CM220. We have fished this prototypes on two trips to Latin America and I feel very confident that these new sizes will tear it up this Spring and Summer.

From there we go deep drop and the prototypes that where modeled after the original CM220 where designed to flutter in the water and those of you who fish it will notice that the CM220 doesn't drop straight down by design, however here you want to get down quickly, accurately and without a lot of scope in your line, so we totally re-designed the 320g and 420g to resemble the CM220 but they are a tail weighted, tear drop design, with alot more material toward the tail end of the lure - to get it down fast and straight.

These lures will be introduced the weekend of March 19th at the Sommerset and RISA shows in Rhode Island.
Those at the shows will have the first opportunity to see and purchase these lures.:thumbsup:

543 Posts
The 125 and 170 look like they would have some nice action for jigging the upper part of the water column. I always liked the wider, flatter hammered diamonds, the ones that you can feel beat the line as they flutter down.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes! exactly they do have alot of action on the way down, you can feel it and see it ~ which was a good thing on the smaller sizes, but the heavier ones are really designed for Tile, Cod, Grouper, where you really want to get into the zone quickly

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
CM Hammered - all sizes finally here!

Hey guys of course two days too late for the shows, but I'm pleased to report that the full line of CM Hammered Diamonds with oversized #400 welded rings are in stock and ready to ship.

85g 3 oz
125g 4.25 oz
170g 6 oz
220g 8 oz
320g 11.4 oz
420g 14 oz

All are rigged with oversized rings, Ball Bearing Swivel no no hooks.

Siwash or Assist hooks are available 4/0 to 10/0

I appreciate the advance orders and everyone's orders from the shows, they are all packaged and will go out in the morning.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can I come down and check them out in person and speak with you. Or did I miss that opportunity missing the shows. I hate buying things and not being able to hold it in my hands. I will be in matts landing tonight and all day tommorow if ya have a shop in cape may.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.